Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Urgent appeal for HELP!

My son (12) was admitted to hospital a couple of days ago last minute for an operation. Thank fully surgery went well and he recovering in hospital, we are both life long Charlton fans and I wanted to try and cheer him up for a bit and purchase a TV pass for the Burton game today. However, I'm confused as to why its not available to purchase now...is there a cut-off point?

Or does anyone know of any other way I can watch the game with him in the hospital at 3pm

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    You can't buy from the UK.  You need to set up a VPN, then log in and buy it. Good luck and best wishes to your son.
  • Options
    Glad to hear your son is recovering well from his op, hope he's home with you soon.

As for the game, you can't watch on Charlton TV in the UK. You will need to find a stream elsewhere. Sure someone will be able to tell you where.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    You can't buy from the UK.  You need to set up a VPN, then log in and buy it. Good luck and best wishes to your son.
    Great thanks, do you still have to be connect to VPN to actually stream it or just to purchase it?
  • Options
    Happy to hear your son is recovering well. I know how stressful these things can be so hopefully you ALL are taking the time to process and recover. Not sure watching Charlton will help!!!

As has been said you’ll need a vpn to watch. 
  • Options
    dmccart32 said:
    Stig said:
    Great thanks, do you still have to be connect to VPN to actually stream it or just to purchase it?
    Need vpn running to both purchase and watch so it recognises that you aren’t in the UK basically.
    App Store type free vpn unicorn symbol download say just want basic (ie. Not paying) watch like 8 ads gives u 24hrs usage. Connect to a American or even European country vpn 
    then log back into Charlton and should allow you to buy pass and keep vpn on to watch
    good luck 
  • Options
    dmccart32 said:
    Stig said:
    You need to have to VPN turned on and a region selected, whether in your phone, PC or tablet. 
    Or so I’m told 😉
  • Options
    Surfshark is reasonably reliable VPN. They usually have a free trial too
  • Options
    Surfshark is reasonably reliable VPN. They usually have a free trial too
    Agreed re Surfshark, much improved since I first subscribed. I dont need it for Charlton TV as I am abroad, but Surfshark nowadays can usually allow me to watch iPlayer which is very tough on VPNs. 

If you have the VPN and still get some blocking messge, then best to restart your device, then clear your browser of cookies before re-starting your VPN. 

Hope you and your son can see it. Whatever the footie is like, the pre-match is always excellent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery which will definitely be helped by NOT watching Charlton 
  • Options
    dmccart32 said:
    Appreciate the help with this, it all worked out well and we were able to watch via VPN...I know he's on the mend because when Burton scored in 91st minute he said..."let me die already!"...A little severe considering he only had his appendix out!
    Glad he’s recovering - hopefully that awful Charlton performance didn’t set him back at all!