Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Loans

edited December 2023 in General Charlton
I can't remember a time when all the loans we have have all been so underwhelming. We have L Watson, Tedic, Abankwah, Càmara and C Campbell. Does anyone know if they are all season long loans, or if any can be sent back in January?

Comments

• Tedic and Abankwah will go back. 
  • I thought this was going to be a thread about borrowing money.
    Me too - would've much preferred that too haha
  • Talal said:
    I don't think Louie Watson has been underwhelming. He was in very good form until Appleton decided to drop him for no apparent reason. 
    He dropped him because he's been chuff when started.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    I don't think Louie Watson has been underwhelming. He was in very good form until Appleton decided to drop him for no apparent reason. 
    Twice he's been poor, both coming after he was dropped to get Fraser and McGrandles in the team. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    I don’t remember him ever being “Chuff” as you put it . Appleton obviously doesn’t like him for some reason . 
  • He had two bad games and was dropped. That's what managers are paid to do.
    I'm not saying he's the only player who should be dropped but it is up to the player to up his game and show that he his the right player to improve the team.  

• edited December 2023
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Twice he's been poor, both coming after he was dropped to get Fraser and McGrandles in the team. 
    Yep that’s how I remember it. Was good against Wycombe, Blackpool (defensive mistakes killed us when he was on) and Reading then got dropped for Fraser at Lincoln and Bolton, both games we lost. Then played alright against Pompey, mcgrandles scored and got dropped again.

When he’s started, I think he’s done enough personally (Bar Gillingham) and someone that will be better trying to control a game from the off than changing one off the bench.
  • edited December 2023
    He had two bad games and was dropped. That's what managers are paid to do.
    I'm not saying he's the only player who should be dropped but it is up to the player to up his game and show that he his the right player to improve the team.  

Wrong - he was dropped and then had 2 bad games when given a go again in a couple of pony cup games - he was playing well before being dropped for the weaklings that are Fraser and mgrandles 
  • Sponsored links:

• So after being dropped he had two bad games against lower league teams when he should have been busting a gut to show the manager he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.
    He may possibly have been dropped as he had a slight injury or just needed a rest.
    I'm not saying he's a bad player because I don't think he is but let's not pretend he's indispensable.
  • So after being dropped he had two bad games against lower league teams when he should have been busting a gut to show the manager he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place.
    He may possibly have been dropped as he had a slight injury or just needed a rest.
    I'm not saying he's a bad player because I don't think he is but let's not pretend he's indispensable.
    Who is saying indispensable? Just think he’s done enough to warrant keeping and not being viewed as ‘chuff’