Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What you done this year that’s Christmassy?

Comments

• Stig said:
    Photographed a Robin.
    Photoshop in a bit of snow and that's next year's Christmas card sorted :)
    I've not done anything Christmassy apart from watch Die Hard, make a few Christmas cards and wrap most of my presents, but I am currently eating a satsuma.
  • Stig said:
    Photographed a Robin. 
    I am not really one for ornaments, but I have been searching for years for a proper Robin one, maybe made of quality glass or something.
    Great picture.
  • seth plum said:
    Stig said:
    Photographed a Robin. 
    I am not really one for ornaments, but I have been searching for years for a proper Robin one, maybe made of quality glass or something.
    Great picture.
    One I have, though may not be the kind of thing you're looking for...

• Told the dogs that there are only five days to go
  • Stig said:
    Saw Charlton eliminated from the cup.
    A regular pre Christmas tradition
  • Ate a fresh stollen (virtually all to myself). Awesome. 

Love Stollen
    Tastes better if you pay for it.
  • Baked three lots of mince pies. 
    Baked, fed, iced and decorated my Christmas cake.
    Been to one Christmas lunch and two Christmas parties (one more on Saturday). 
    Visited two different Christmas markets. 
    Drank about a gallon of mulled wine! 
  • Kent Life for Santa with the grandson
    Rochester Castle for carols and mulled wine
    Leeds Castle for the lights and trail (very good i thought)
    Tonight - NA Christmas Party
    Tomorrow - Quizmas at the local pub 
    Friday - works party.
    Saturday  - my mates Jam tribute band at The Amersham 
    Sunday mass rush of nonsense and the pictures.
    Next day my first christmas with my grandson - my god im welling up. 
  • Brought the wife a brand new pedal bin
  • Sponsored links:

• Brought the wife a brand new pedal bin
    Typical though - she won't appreciate it.
  • bobmunro said:
    Brought the wife a brand new pedal bin
    Typical though - she won't appreciate it.
    She has been been struck dumb by my generosity 
  • Talal said:
    seth plum said:
    Stig said:
    Photographed a Robin. 
    Great picture.
    One I have, though may not be the kind of thing you're looking for...

OOOOOH ! We have that one too , thanks to one of our very generous "gang" ! 
  • Took youngest grandson to the panto at the Trinty Theatre, TW last night.

Absolutely brilliant ! You can keep your Palladium visits where the "stars" seem more interested in keeping their own fanbase happy...This wasn't an amateur performance but actors mainly from one or more of the Drama Colleges/Schools who are plying their trade at venues across the country. 

One of the best bits was the cast of less than 12, doing "The 12 Days of Xmas" with "5 toilet rolls !" when we all had to stand up & sing the words. But THE best was " On the 12th Day of Xmas" when one of the fantastic Ugly Stepsisters was handed a large water/nerf style gun....with everyone in the audience thinking " Oh right. Here comes the glitter!" ....only to find it was water ! Hilarious watching people duck down in their seats to avoid getting wet & youngsters squealing. 

Worst bit was, following gorgeous locally sourced ice cream at the interval, said grandson was puking up on the way back here for his sleepover, and again , and again.....so had to keep him upright & awake until well past his bedtime to make sure he was done. 

Put up 5 sets of lights ( 4 inside/1 outside in what our neighbours every year call The Burning Bush)but for the first time in about 48 years, decided against setting up the slightly tatty tree. Not having Xmas with the family here so not many will notice its absence but a milestone in our lives  :'(

5 out of 7 of the terrace's Ladies that Lunch, had a great catch up over dinner at Cote last Thursday which is becoming an annual affair. 

And drinks at one of those neighbour's in a few evening's time. Hic.

Think that'll do until this time next year. There's only so much excitement I can take these days ! 

• bought some Lemax village collection, they light up, different Christmas themes
    And to prove I’m pwopa Charlton, a train to go round the tree 🌲 
  • Stig said:
    Started early on the bottle of port that I was putting by. Bought another bottle of port.
    I bought a bottle of Port for the first time in years - and thanks to you - I've just opened it!  Plenty of time to replace ... as you say.
  • Who was it that used to venture over to his elderly neighbours for a bit of a Christmas do and report back with much hilarity on here??
  • Who was it that used to venture over to his elderly neighbours for a bit of a Christmas do and report back with much hilarity on here??
    @T_C_E

• Sponsored links:

• Worked my bollox off 
  • Broke into a house and emptied my sack. 
  • Sung some carols, worn a Christmas jumper, scoffed some mince pies.
  • Spent two weekends helping with the Santa trains at Bredgar, having been involved in building the grotto and setting out lights in the weeks before. Spent today taking down lights and packing away Christmas trees...
  • Went to see our local Xmas lights where we live in Tavira Portugal then following our flight home, took my son for our first Xmas dinner in Holmes Chapel (J18 off the M6).
  • Loaded 1071 Christmas songs onto my phone (57 hours and 57 minutes) will see how many I can listen to before the big day. Latest
    addition the new Cher album - recommended!
  • Sat in a shed until 3 "wise men" kicked me out.
  • Saw this today....

• Saw this today....

Another of lifes contradictions.
    Don't drive to Charlton, you should use alternatives. 

Big fuck off steam train spewing out pollution - aah that's lovely.