Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Official Calendar

edited December 2023 in General Charlton
Second year running that I've not been able to buy a calendar. Are we again the only football club not selling one? 

Comments

• Options
    I suppose without a proper shop theres no point.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I was looking through my box of old programmes lasted Week and found a physical catalogue of merch from the 90s. Times have certainly not progressed, our offerings are worse now than they were nearly 30 years ago. 
  • Options
    TBF. at the moment it’ll be hard to pick a dozen players, or even the manager for that matter the way things have been going lately, that would still be with the club throughout 2024, even January will likely see some movement in faces 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    TBF. at the moment it’ll be hard to pick a dozen players, or even the manager for that matter the way things have been going lately, that would still be with the club throughout 2024, even January will likely see some movement in faces 
    This is the case most years to be honest! 
  • Options
    It’s typical of how the club is run, nothing really changes.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    It would be nice if they did a legends calendar to be honest as I’d be very tempted to buy one. 

I never buy one with the current squad as half of them won’t be with us come January lol

Corrected for you 😜
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    It would be nice if they did a legends calendar to be honest as I’d be very tempted to buy one. 

I never buy one with the current squad as half of them won’t be with us come August lol
    Great idea!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about a calendar featuring all the managers we've had since Curbs...

There's actually 16 permanent managers, so some would have to share a month...
    We’ve probably had enough takeovers for an owners one too.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Second year running that I've not been able to buy a calendar. Are we again the only football club not selling one?  

There was one last year 
  • Options
    Name the six players on the front of the calendar?
  • Options
    Wilma said:

There was one last year 
    It was released just a week before Christmas and was only available to buy in person if you were attending the game. 
  • Options
    Wasn't there the problem that the Castore club shop only sells their stuff, or something like that?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    DiscoCAFC said:

I never buy one with the current squad as half of them won’t be with us come August lol
    There was a legends calendar a few years back, I think it was unofficial but it was good. I'd happily buy one of those.

It's a bit annoying living away from the club and having to rely on buying online. Calendar Club, which I use online but is also in shopping centres across the country, has hundreds of football calendars available from different leagues.

It's been a tradition between me and my Dad to swap calendars at Christmas - but now I still get half-naked firemen and he gets nothing! 
  • Options
    Wasn't there the problem that the Castore club shop only sells their stuff, or something like that?
    Wilma said:
    Wilma said:

There was one last year 
    It was released just a week before Christmas and was only available to buy in person if you were attending the game. 
    Club Shop RIP thread from this time last year

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94769/club-shop-rip/p9

The calendar was made available to buy in person or online only on 21st December and was only available in person from the ticket office and not the club shop. 
  • Options
    Castore made a business decision to use a cheaper calendar supplier who sadly used the Russian Calendar which is about 12-days behind our own. 
    An unexpected bonus of this was that it gave the impression to people that also bought their replica kits that the badges and sponsors decals stayed affixed for 12-days more than they actually did….
  • Options
    A Christmas-themed fan zone will be in place at The Valley on Saturday, December 23rd for the Addicks’ Sky Bet League One clash with Burton Albion.
    • Hut 3 – Purchase your 2024 Charlton Athletic wall calendar
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/visit-christmas-themed-fan-zone-saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen a preview and they look a bit dated.
  • Options
    12 different pics of Charlie Kirk, different wig for each month. 
    Job lot, going for 50p & a lb-of-grapes the lot…
  • Options
    clive said:
    A Christmas-themed fan zone will be in place at The Valley on Saturday, December 23rd for the Addicks’ Sky Bet League One clash with Burton Albion.
    • Hut 3 – Purchase your 2024 Charlton Athletic wall calendar
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/visit-christmas-themed-fan-zone-saturday
    December 23rd - two days later than it went on sale last year and not online as far as I know. A great effort from the club! 
  • Options
    Any idea where I can buy one? Would like to send to my son at uni
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Poor lad!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Is that to protect the wall behind his dartboard mate? 😉
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Redhenry said:
    Isn’t it bad enough that you have forced him out of the house? Now you really want to stick the boot in. 
  • Options
    Having a Charlton calendar on the wall of his bedroom, should at least spur him on to get out of bed and go to lectures.