Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA Referee Assaulted in Turkey

BBC News - Referee punched: Turkish FA halts league football after club president hits Super Lig official

Comments

• That club should be booted out of their leagues....
  • If you watch clips of the incident, not only does he get punched, someone then kicks him in the head when he’s on the floor. Shocking … 
  • I’ve probably got a warped sense of humour but refs can be difficult at times.
    like when Di Canio pushed the ref. I’m afraid it made me laugh.
  • I’ve probably got a warped sense of humour but refs can be difficult at times.
    I get where you are coming from but tbf there's a bit of a difference between fronting up to a ref (deserved or not) or even a bit of pushing and shoving and a full on punch to the face - and then kicking/stamping on him on the ground.

He's got a fractured eye socket. This isn't just a bit of a hissy fit, it's assault.
  • as might be said in Noo Yoik ..'what a bunch of fuckin Toykeys'
  • edited December 2023
    I’ve probably got a warped sense of humour but refs can be difficult at times.

In the Turkey match the ref got a fractured eye socket from a punch and got kicked on the ground.
    It was a complete fucking disgrace.

It was still wrong but you haven't got a warped sense of humour if you thought there was comedic element to Di Canio little push and the bizarre fall of the ref But what's your comment on a ref being assaulted and ending up in hospital @Arsenetatters ?

• Are we still allowed to call it "Turkey"?
  • It was an assault, as simple as that.
  • The club should be thrown out of the league - or be forced to play out the season behind closed doors, with a points deduction so large that it effectively relegates them.
  • Sponsored links:

• The club should be thrown out of the league - or be forced to play out the season behind closed doors, with a points deduction so large that it effectively relegates them.
    Punishes the fans more than anything. It was just club officials involved wasn’t it? Just nick the bloke for assault.