Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK + Ascore: Charlton 2-2 Cambridge

thanks to the 59 Lifers who gave marks
Ascore: 4.17

Comments

• Options
    I don’t like the look of Burton and Orient who haven’t won in the last 6..
  • Options
    Burton are bound to appoint someone with Millwall connections, to ensure we don't win!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I think the points order here pretty well matched my own. But I still got a lol. 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    32 League goals. Just 2 of them from non attacking players - 1 from Dobson & 1 from McGrandles. None from Fraser or any other central midfielder. And non from the defence. 

Shocking. 

If it wasn't for May & CBT who have 21 between them (65%) we'd be up shit creek with a paddle. 

• Options
    Of all the marks the one for the ref is most ridiculous. The reasons:
    1. People thought he was wrong for letting them take an offside against May in our half. The ref was CORRECT. May was in their half when the ball was played, but became active when he dropped back into our half (I remember the same happening in a game when Bowyer was manager)
    2. The penalty; definitely a foul. May have been marginally outside the box, but very tight. At the time not one single player complained and hardly any fans.
    3. Didn't give us some free kicks. The other way of looking at it is he let the game flow and we were just too weak and not strong enough. I, like Appleton, subscribe to the latter view. 
  • Options
    Am I correct in saying that now we have had 23 games, half the season, one more booking will not bring an automatic suspension to any of our players with 4 yellows? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Am I correct in saying that now we have had 23 games, half the season, one more booking will not bring an automatic suspension to any of our players with 4 yellows? 
    We passed the 19 league game threshold on Saturday.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Of all the marks the one for the ref is most ridiculous. The reasons:
    1. People thought he was wrong for letting them take an offside against May in our half. The ref was CORRECT. May was in their half when the ball was played, but became active when he dropped back into our half (I remember the same happening in a game when Bowyer was manager)
    2. The penalty; definitely a foul. May have been marginally outside the box, but very tight. At the time not one single player complained and hardly any fans.
    3. Didn't give us some free kicks. The other way of looking at it is he let the game flow and we were just too weak and not strong enough. I, like Appleton, subscribe to the latter view. 
    With a name like "Kirk" he was never going to get a good mark...
  • Options
    redman said:
    We passed the 19 league game threshold on Saturday.
    Thanks, didn't realise it was just 19 games!
  • Options
    32 League goals. Just 2 of them from non attacking players - 1 from Dobson & 1 from McGrandles. None from Fraser or any other central midfielder. And non from the defence. 

Shocking. 

If it wasn't for May & CBT who have 21 between them (65%) we'd be up shit creek with a paddle. 

This is the point I have made about no goals from our CBs at corners, I suppose first we have to have someone who can take a decent corner. JJ used to be responsible for corner tactics when he was coach, who is responsible now, obviously they have no ideas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Shocking. 

This is the point I have made about no goals from our CBs at corners, I suppose first we have to have someone who can take a decent corner. JJ used to be responsible for corner tactics when he was coach, who is responsible now, obviously they have no ideas
    Been poor from set pieces for years. You expect to get an advantage from winning a corner or free kick near the box but instead we're more like to end up with an opposition counter attack. 

It's not just the inconsistent set piece delivery - even if the delivery is good you can guarantee no-one is in the right place or making the right runs in the box yet at the other end we look vulnerable from every set piece due to zonal marking, no communication between centre backs and goalkeeper and leaving players unmarked on the edge of the box.

We don't get the basics right and until we do we are going nowhere.
  • Options
    interesting .. good to see Hector topping the charts and it surely indicates that Kanu must be given more game time in support of May, especially given Leaburn's absence
  • Options
    Top tip: Oshilaja and Pratley to score. Easy money.
  • Options
    Looks like I was right not to like the look of those 2…