Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CACK - Campaign Against Changing Kits.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Could have worn the red home with the black shorts, when was the last time we did that combination?
  • Options
    Could have worn the red home with the black shorts, when was the last time we did that combination?
    In the memorable 1968/69 season the team switched to wearing red shorts as first choice. Apart from Liverpool in what was then the First Division, I can’t recall anybody else did likewise (though somebody will probably put me right on that)
  • Options
    Portsmouth away last season?
  • Options
    In the memorable 1968/69 season the team switched to wearing red shorts as first choice. Apart from Liverpool in what was then the First Division, I can’t recall anybody else did likewise (though somebody will probably put me right on that)
    I have a feeling Middlesbrough wore all red at the same time. Later, they added a white band around the middle of their shirt.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Had it from a member of staff that it is contractual - have to wear the black kit unless we really can't.
    Presumably University of Greenwich weren't happy with how many times the away kit was used last season. 
    That sounds like the correct explanation. Weird to have a completely different sponsor on the away kit to the home and 3rd kits (and not just a different brand name of the same organisation), which creates such a situation where we end up wearing the kit out of our 3 which clashes most with the home team's. The 3rd kit would have been a much better change kit option on Saturday, but the wrong sponsor!

I hadn't realised that the sponsors on the women's kit are the reverse of the men's, so UoG on the home and 3rd, and RSK on the away.