Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dates for your diaries 2023-24 season

As it's a fairly quiet weekend, and the PSA testing day booking has opened, I thought I'd flag up a few dates of events that we usually support, which you may have missed when the themed match days were announced earlier on in the season.
Several people have asked about the Memorial Game and that's Saturday 13th January 2024, which is Peterborough at home, so if there's friends or family who don't usually come but want to pay tribute to someone you've lost, you can start making arrangements. Obviously we can't guarantee it won't be affected by the weather, what with it being January, but it doesn't clash with the FA Cup 3rd round, should we get that far.
As you will have noticed from today's thread, the PSA testing day is Saturday 24th February, which is Portsmouth at home, and you can start booking now. I'm sure Tracey will update us nearer the time about any fundraising efforts she's planning, and as far as I can tell there's no risk of fixture clashes, as it's not an international weekend, it's too early for the EFL Trophy and the Carabao Cup's not an issue.
This season's Upbeats day is Saturday 20th April which is currently Shrewsbury home, although it does clash with FA Cup semifinal day. But if either us or Shrewsbury are still in the competition at that point it'll be fairly miraculous, so I think we're probably pretty safe on that one. CAFC Women are also having an Upbeats Day on Sunday the 28th April at home to Southampton, which will also be at the Valley.
The full set of themed days announced in September is here and I'm not aware of any changes since then.

Comments

• Options
    thanks for the updates/reminders
  • Options
    Wot, no play off final date ? Must be pretty confident we will finish in a top two spot…

Sat 18th May. :-)
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me if the news regarding the Memorial match was announced on the OS, please ?

I promised Jane Richardson, @JohnfromNorfolk's widow, that I would email her the date & details required for his name to be included in the Big Screen scroll. She may wish to attend the match as well of course.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  • Options
    There's not been anything specific about how to get someone's name included on the Big Screen yet, as far as I am aware. I should imagine that'll go out after Christmas, but last year they used a dedicated email address for it: memorial@cafc.co.uk. You could try emailing that and asking them to confirm what info is needed and by when, so you can let Jane know sooner. I don't know if they monitor that account all year round though. The date of the game was included in the themed game
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    There's not been anything specific about how to get someone's name included on the Big Screen yet, as far as I am aware. I should imagine that'll go out after Christmas, but last year they used a dedicated email address for it: memorial@cafc.co.uk. You could try emailing that and asking them to confirm what info is needed and by when, so you can let Jane know sooner. I don't know if they monitor that account all year round though. The date of the game was included in the themed game
    Thanks, Aliwibble. 

That's a great help. 
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan
    Did you have any luck @ that e-mail address memorial@cafc.co.uk 
    I am also wanting to put a name up on the bigscreen.
    What match will be allocated for this match.
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan
    Did you have any luck @ that e-mail address memorial@cafc.co.uk 
    I am also wanting to put a name up on the bigscreen.
    What match will be allocated for this match.
    As the OP stated, it's due to be on January 13th, when we're home to P'Boro.

But no, I haven't emailed anyone for more details as yet.
  • Options
    Just seen it’s the Peterborough match on 13th January but how does one go about getting name on big screen.
    Thank You in advance for your help.