Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players' salaries

Listen before you say anything, I know this is a load of old guesswork! (I could call it something else).

But it's still fascinating to see!

Can only wonder just how close to the truth it is.

https://salarysport.com/football/league-one/charlton-athletic/

Comments

• Options
    I would think that's about right assuming the parent clubs are part or wholly funding the loans 
  • Options
    Just made up hokum. No one knows apart from the salaries dept.
  • Options
    I knew one player who was quoted as being on more than £5k a week a couple of years ago but the reality was nearer to £750 a week.  So I’d take it with a pinch of salt however it probably isn’t a million miles out for many players 
  • Options
    That has got to be one of the worst website layouts I’ve ever had the misfortune to click on 
  • Options
    It’s known bollocks across the sports industry. Simple as that. Total guesswork.
  • Options
    Surely Abankwah would be on more than 1100 a week at Udinese?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I knew one player who was quoted as being on more than £5k a week a couple of years ago but the reality was nearer to £750 a week.  So I’d take it with a pinch of salt however it probably isn’t a million miles out for many players 
    Anywhere from £2870 or below is closer to £750 from £5k. 

Accept that website in OP is probably way over inflated but, unless the player you're talking about has come up through the ranks, and is on the verge of a new (first?) contract, he needs a better agent. Unless that's his flat rate, and he's on decent appearance bonuses etc.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Swisdom said:
    Anywhere from £2870 or below is closer to £750 from £5k. 

Accept that website in OP is probably way over inflated but, unless the player you're talking about has come up through the ranks, and is on the verge of a new (first?) contract, he needs a better agent. Unless that's his flat rate, and he's on decent appearance bonuses etc.
    That was his flat rate.  He was at the other end and coming to the end of his career and the club seemingly didn't want to keep him around.  Just highlighting how websites like that are made up.  Often they'll be reasonably accurate but on other times they will be very wide of the mark.

I recall an interview with the guy who set up Transfermarkt and he said he started it as a bi of a hobby making up valuations as he went along and it started to gain a bit of traction and now it is widely used and trusted source of information in the game