Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Questions for techies ( podcast/YouTube related)

I believe some of you will know….

Is there yet a free or low-cost AI type plug-in that is able to  transcribe a podcast, and even better do the executive summary thing (for which I could otherwise use ChatGPT) ? I successfully used Otter AI to transcribe Zoom calls, and it automatically produces a summary ( first time with Charlie-boy) but it seems to be only for Zoom. 

If you record a video for uploading to YouTube, what is the most idiot- proof way to add subtitles to it?
And more ambitiously, what about choosing those sub-titles to be  in a foreign language? 

Thanks in advance for advice

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023
    So when I edit videos I use Premiere Pro...

One of the features available for me now, is the fact that I can select the Audio track whilst editing, and then have Text Based Editing options - Basically from that I can "transcribe" the audio file, from which Premiere Pro creates Subtitles from it.

(1) It can be a bit of a faff, it doesn't always transcribe the words I'm saying correctly, so takes me about an hour of editing, going through the video... Re-typing the words I've actually said, as even though Premiere Pro transcribes the audio, you can still make manual amendments.

(2) I'm pretty sure the transcribe function will only produce text, based on the language used in the video itself.

Adobe also lets me Export the .SRT as its own separate file if I so wish - There are other websites out there, which I can pay to setup the Subtitles (Google Transcription Services).

However I already have Premiere Pro, so for me... It a case of why pay for something else.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Is there yet a free or low-cost AI type plug-in that is able to  transcribe a podcast, and even better do the executive summary thing (for which I could otherwise use ChatGPT) ? I successfully used Otter AI to transcribe Zoom calls, and it automatically produces a summary ( first time with Charlie-boy) but it seems to be only for Zoom. 

If you record a video for uploading to YouTube, what is the most idiot- proof way to add subtitles to it?
    And more ambitiously, what about choosing those sub-titles to be  in a foreign language? 

What did you use to produce a Zoom call summary - that'd be handy 

Edit - just saw it says Otter AI and not other AI. Apologies. Easy to do?
  • Options

What did you use to produce a Zoom call summary - that'd be handy 

Edit - just saw it says Otter AI and not other AI. Apologies. Easy to do?
    Yes very easy, basically you install it and it starts and runs automatically. i keep forgetting its there and it barges its way into two-person calls🤣 Come to think of it I,m not sure if it isn’t Google rather than Zoom based. I will go check, and post the link to it. The summary is posted to you by email after the call. Very handy.