Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van hire and a bass tutor.

Didn't want to start two separate threads so thought I would chuck them both in the one. 

1. Is there anyone who has a van in the Kent area who is willing to borrow for a few hours and I'll pay. Would rather like the pockets of an addick than a random company is all. Just to move some furniture.

2. Any lifers play bass? Looking at lessons and it looks about 30 quid an hour. Don't mind the price, just again would rather help out a Charlton fan if they give lessons.

Cheers 🍻 

Comments

• Options
    I can hire you a bass and teach you about vans if that helps?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I can hire you a bass and teach you about vans if that helps?
    Close but no cigar mate, I do appreciate the thought however 
  • Options
    What level are you at playing wise, what level are you looking to progress to and where are you based? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    What level are you at playing wise, what level are you looking to progress to and where are you based? 
    I can currently play White Stripes - Seven Nation Army 😂

I am looking to get to a level where I can be in a little band and not hurt people's ears. I just think I need a fair few lessons to understand the instrument a bit more and then go from there. 

I live in Ashford, Kent 

Edit: I know SNA isn't a bass riff but it's an easy starter to get a rhythm 
  • Options
    Have a look at some of the YouTube tutorials.
    Some of the guitar ones i look at are very good.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I am looking to learn Glad All Over and then maybe Fly Eagles Fly. 

• Options
    Do you have any dutch blood? Because if so, your band name is already sorted.
  • Options

I am looking to get to a level where I can be in a little band and not hurt people's ears. I just think I need a fair few lessons to understand the instrument a bit more and then go from there. 

I live in Ashford, Kent 

I really wouldn't waste money on bass guitar lessons. Spend half an hour every day for three months doing spider walks up and down the neck. When your fingers have hardened up start practicing a scale. It's going to be a boring three months, but it'll pay off. 

Basic bass guitar is the easiest instrument to learn.
  • Options
    No mate it's all Irish, something like 80% Irish, 8% Scottish 10% Welsh and then the rest Scandinavian origins. 

Only English by Birth and no roots here before my Mum which I always find interesting. 

What's the band name?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I live in Ashford, Kent 

I really wouldn't waste money on bass guitar lessons. Spend half an hour every day for three months doing spider walks up and down the neck. When your fingers have hardened up start practicing a scale. It's going to be a boring three months, but it'll pay off. 

Why is it a waste of money? Some of the best bassists I've seen on YouTube had lessons? 

Do you play bass yourself mate and interested in 20 quid? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Seven Nation Army was played on guitar with strings slackened off?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I live in Ashford, Kent 

Why is it a waste of money? Some of the best bassists I've seen on YouTube had lessons? 

Yes, i play.

YouTube is a fantastic resource, 100% all day long.
    If it was guitar, drums or even singing, i'd say have a few lessons. The hardest part in the beginning for bass is not giving up. It's tough on your hands, wrists and forearms. Practice spider walks and learn a few scales.
    If you do that for 30 mins every day your hands will get strong and you'll get some good muscle memory.

I honestly think you'd be wasting money on a tutor.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    No mate it's all Irish, something like 80% Irish, 8% Scottish 10% Welsh and then the rest Scandinavian origins. 

Only English by Birth and no roots here before my Mum which I always find interesting. 

What's the band name?
    van Hire and bass tutors… I’ll err get my coat
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    The Seven Nation Army was played on guitar with strings slackened off?
    It was indeed mate but as a bass beginner it's a very easy riff to pick up on and is good for some early doors practice. 

What's the band name?
    van Hire and bass tutors… I’ll err get my coat
    Jesus Christ Callum. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    PopIcon said:

I live in Ashford, Kent 

Yes, i play.

YouTube is a fantastic resource, 100% all day long.
    If it was guitar, drums or even singing, i'd say have a few lessons. The hardest part in the beginning for bass is not giving up. It's tough on your hands, wrists and forearms. Practice spider walks and learn a few scales.
    If you do that for 30 mins every day your hands will get strong and you'll get some good muscle memory.

I honestly think you'd be wasting money on a tutor.

Fair enough dude appreciate the advice. 

What kind of level do you play at and how long did it take you to become competent would you say? 

The kind of level I want to get to I can link you to. Is this something you could play

: https://youtu.be/j_8Yz0z8sx0?si=aaVqH55rqzCqO_YI