Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HR bods on here

Any FREE staff annual leave/sickness/management apps or websites you could recommend?

TIA

Comments

• Options
    Why not just set up an excel workbook?
    Do you just want a log with simple stats?  Excel would do all that.
  • Options
    There's no such thing as a free lunch!

- How big is the workforce?
    - How do you gather the data? (reporting procedures etc...)
    - Who enters the data?
    - What do you want to do with the data, or is it just record keeping?
    - How will it link to payroll?

and so on ........

For just simple record keeping and a relatively small workforce then Excel will do the trick, as @JohnBoyUK says. Anything more complex then you are going to have to pay for it.

• Options
    Thanks fellas, I did think of excel, but wanted to see if there was a specific one that stood out, not willing to pay for it, only 12-15 staff to monitor 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Or use the free Google "equivalent" (not as many features) but great for recording information and you can give other individuals access to update it dynamically on the web.  There is, of course, the Google script that will let you record macros and automate some of it.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    @ Raelynne Maloney c/o Zynex
     ;) 
  • Options
    Reminds me if when I was working for M & S. They had a store in Paris with a French payroll system and wanted to interface it with a Dutch T & A system and link it all back into the UK.
    Got there in the end but what a fucking nightmare. 
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Or use the free Google "equivalent" (not as many features) but great for recording information and you can give other individuals access to update it dynamically on the web.  There is, of course, the Google script that will let you record macros and automate some of it.
    Google Sheets is a good option if you have a team you can trust not to wreck the spreadsheet too much - it does have an edit history function that allows you to reverse changes if someone accidentally deletes Fred's week off instead of their own. Although whether it's secure enough to be holding employees' personal data is a question you'd haave to ask someone who's currently involved in HR rather than someone who used to have a role on the union side of the fence. GDPR hadn't been involved when I used to be involved with this sort of stuff.