Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas coming early.

Taking the dog for his evening drag last night, and noticed walking through the Village that two houses already had Christmas trees up in their houses! WTF is going on??

Comments

• Options
    They possibly have young kids. Mine have been on at me the last week, asking for christmas movies etc. 

Will put them up the last weekend of November. 

Where we live, they started the Christmas markets last weekend and this weekend have a christmas parade. 

It's all for the kids in my opinion. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Our decs come down the day after boxing day, regardless of kids. What I do find odd is people keeping them up way into Jan. 
    Ours stay up until 12th Night (5 January) - well the tree does anyway. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Everything goes up first weekend in December, comes down first weekend in Jan.

Was in Heathrow Terminal 5 on Thursday morning, the world of duty free shop was blasting Christmas songs at 8am, it was horrific
    My 5yr old wanted Christmas songs on this morning on the school run, swiftly turned off when she was dropped off haha! 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Taking the dog for his evening drag last night, and noticed walking through the Village that two houses already had Christmas trees up in their houses! WTF is going on??
    When I saw the thread title I thought this was a prediction for Cray Valley PM (for them).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    I'm not worried about Christmas trees going up, I'm more concerned that I can't find any Easter eggs in the shops. 

(Our tree goes up the first weekend in December - never before) 
    That's nothing. My local supermarket has had eggs and flour for months. And it's nowhere near pancake day yet. 
  • Options
    The Council should be able to impose a £100 fine. That would stop the nonsense.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Our decs come down the day after boxing day, regardless of kids. What I do find odd is people keeping them up way into Jan. 
    Perhaps thats what I spotted, they werent  early going up, but late coming down?,
  • Options
    nowadays Christmas starts around mid September .. at least for shopping/advertising purposes, not so much the much remarked upon 'Christmas spirit'
    To try to answer @Hal1x's question, I guess it is an attempt by the said house holders to inject some much needed cheer into what is a t m is a bleak old time, made worse by the never ending doom n gloom pushed out by the 'media' .. no news is good news
  • Options
    Wetherspoons Christmas menu starts today, it’s all systems go
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Just seen the *excludes Christmas day* bit :( 
    that's when the price trebles
  • Options
    What makes that a Xmas burger? Is it what looks like a parsnip on the top of the bun? 
  • Options
    nowadays Christmas starts around mid September .. at least for shopping/advertising purposes, not so much the much remarked upon 'Christmas spirit'
    To try to answer @Hal1x's question, I guess it is an attempt by the said house holders to inject some much needed cheer into what is a t m is a bleak old time, made worse by the never ending doom n gloom pushed out by the 'media' .. no news is good news
    If that was the case us Addicks would have the tree up all year.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Just seen the *excludes Christmas day* bit :( 
    Is spoons even open on Christmas day? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023

It's "the ones" who leave the lights up outside all year around,  Grrrr!  Almost as infuriating a people who go out in a dressing gown and pyjamas at one o'clock in the afternoon,  GRRRR lazy peasants!!!!

Angry old man alert.
  • Options
    There was a Christmas market in full swing at Gun Wharf Quays after the game Saturday
  • Options
    What makes that a Xmas burger? Is it what looks like a parsnip on the top of the bun? 
    It has Brie in it, halloumi fries on top and a blue cheese dip. So a cheeseboard theme I guess. 
  • Options
    It is all for the kids. My wife loves Christmas and the kids have their own tree each in their room (smaller 4ft ones). They put those up together over the weekend whilst I was at golf. Meant she didn’t moan at me as much for playing golf as she got a bit of Christmas out of it! Main tree won’t be going up just yet though. Last week of Nov, first week of Dec for that. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    It has Brie in it, halloumi fries on top and a blue cheese dip. So a cheeseboard theme I guess. 
    Probably a turkey burger
  • Options
    Christmas coming early 🥳.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    robroy said:
    Ours stay up until 12th Night (5 January) - well the tree does anyway. 
    12th night is to me the correct time to take them down.

But then I don't think they should be put up too early. The 1st December is way too early for a house to be covered in Christmas decorations.
  • Options
    Not a lover of Christmas, won't spoil for anyone as it's their thing. Mentioning it on the 15th November deserves some sort of chastisement on here and putting decorations up in November should be a capital offence.  
  • Options
    A week before and taken down on 12 night
  • Options
    Regardless of what time of year it is, I’m sure there is medication that can help you with that.

Or do what I used to do …. Run through the 1997/98 Charlton squad in your head from top to bottom.