Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joshua Friedman (minted)

edited November 2023 in General Charlton
1. Joshua S. Friedman’s Net Worth:
According to various sources, Joshua S. Friedman’s net worth as of 2021 is estimated to be around $5 billion. This fortune is a result of his remarkable success in the world of finance, primarily through his involvement in the hedge fund industry.

Never found anything regarding his personal worth before. 

Comments

• Is he one of our part owners?
  • sam3110 said:
    He's the one who bankrolled Houston Dynamo and was here in person to witness Bolton turn us over with ease 

Gabriel Brener is the ex-Houston Dynamo bloke. AFAIK Friedman has no previous experience owning a football club.

Brener was at the Valley for the 2-2 vs. Blackpool. Friedman was indeed at the 0-2 vs. Bolton.
    Looks remarkably like @RedChaser tbh.
  • Doesn’t mean F all, if he doesn’t put his hand in he’s pocket.
  • sam3110 said:
    He's the one who bankrolled Houston Dynamo and was here in person to witness Bolton turn us over with ease 

Gabriel Brener is the ex-Houston Dynamo bloke. AFAIK Friedman has no previous experience owning a football club.

Brener was at the Valley for the 2-2 vs. Blackpool. Friedman was indeed at the 0-2 vs. Bolton.
    How very dare you ! 😲. I’ve got an alibi, I wouldn’t mind being £1 behind him though 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    sam3110 said:

How very dare you ! 😲. I’ve got an alibi, I wouldn’t mind being £1 behind him though 😉.

I bet he did not pay for the scarf!
  • Off_it said:
    In my experience, billionaires generally don't make their money by spunking cash up the wall on random punts like us. They put a bit in and if it works it works, but if it doesn't then it's no big deal. You win some you lose some and as long as they win more than they lose they get paid.

If anyone thinks having a multi-billionaire(s) involved means we're automatically going to be minted and have a bottomless pit of cash then I think you're mistaken. It's probably just another punt to them. No sleepless nights if it goes tits up.

Now, what you need to "succeed" these days is a sovereign state with a point to prove in the global theatre. Money no object. Plenty of cash and more than willing to spunk it just to create the right "image".

Gadaffi and Saddam have both gone, the Saudis and the Emirataes are already spoken for, a lot of the Eastern "businessmen/politicians" are locked up,  so who does that leave? North Korean or an African dictatorship? Maybe an Indian tycoon? Or the Chinese? Someone give Zheng Zhei a bell and see if he can introduce a buyer.

These latest guys have had a few months now. so it's about time we tried to get them out.

I'll be interested to see what the likes of Friedman do when the magic beans Methven promised turn out to be frozen peas.
    Obviously only they know what success looks like to them and on what sort of time frame they can expect to see growth, and it will be growth with these kinds of people. They're not in this for the love of it.
     Will they step away in quick order and leave Methven and co to get on with it?
     Will they think there is potential there but Methven went about it all wrong and get shot of him but stick around?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    Well they obviously know you have to speculate to accumulate. You can't win a raffle if you don't buy a ticket. It just depends on whether they think the ticket is overpriced.
  • Hal1x said:
    RedChaser said:
    sam3110 said:

I bet he did not pay for the scarf!
    Oh he paid for the scarf, he paid a lot for the scarf!
    Did he buy it from the Aussies?
  • Sounds like it’s more of his missus’ gig than his. Whilst I’m sure their intentions are honourable, affiliation to UCLA is a bit of a trophy wife thing. The friedmans must be a pretty big deal tho as UCLA wouldn’t except donations from any Tom, Dick or Harry. 
  • That’s the sort of thing I like to see from rich people. Good on him for it. 
    I agree. But…
    “…has always taken a keen interest in my study of the role of genetics in understanding everything from congenital birth defects to mental health, cancer and even aging,” said Dr. Krakow. 
    So many billionaires funding anti aging research. Perhaps I’m being too cynical. 
  • I love Americans, their vision and imagination. Business acumen is also one of their strengths. 

How they have got tangled up with an basket case of a football club is beyond me.
  • Sponsored links:

• All in all i sense that we are in a worse financial pickle than Sandgaard's time. The best way out would be for the two big investors to force the purchase of the small investors and run a joint venture, the get rid of the dcurrent failed management and appoint sensible football management. Not the mark 3 chancers we currently have in place.  The we may get a chance of sensible investment and they may have a chance of getting their money back after some time.
    I suspect that unless things improve sharpish this might not be far from the mark. I also suspect that Charlie M is also thinking similarly given that he's already been on the sharp end of a financial coup at Sunderland.

But we shall see.
  • thenewbie said:

All in all i sense that we are in a worse financial pickle than Sandgaard's time. The best way out would be for the two big investors to force the purchase of the small investors and run a joint venture, the get rid of the dcurrent failed management and appoint sensible football management. Not the mark 3 chancers we currently have in place.  The we may get a chance of sensible investment and they may have a chance of getting their money back after some time.
    I suspect that unless things improve sharpish this might not be far from the mark. I also suspect that Charlie M is also thinking similarly given that he's already been on the sharp end of a financial coup at Sunderland.

But we shall see.
    Could this have been the game all along; put together an unworkable consortium and then take a cash prize to allow the big boys total control? Or is is it just one for the conspiracy theories thread along with JFK, Princess Di and Long Covid the vaccination cover up.
  • Stig said:
    thenewbie said:

All in all i sense that we are in a worse financial pickle than Sandgaard's time. The best way out would be for the two big investors to force the purchase of the small investors and run a joint venture, the get rid of the dcurrent failed management and appoint sensible football management. Not the mark 3 chancers we currently have in place.  The we may get a chance of sensible investment and they may have a chance of getting their money back after some time.

But we shall see.
    Could this have been the game all along; put together an unworkable consortium and then take a cash prize to allow the big boys total control? Or is is it just one for the conspiracy theories thread along with JFK, Princess Di and Long Covid the vaccination cover up.
    I don't think so. I think Methven genuinely does want to be a success (regardless of his chances of actually succeeding) - I'm not a fan but I really don't think he's in the Southall mode where its just about making a quick buck, he does believe, rightly or otherwise, that he can succeed in creating a successful club and turning a profit in the process.

But he's probably also got enough wits to make sure he gets a nice pay day either way.
  • I love Americans, their vision and imagination. Business acumen is also one of their strengths. 

How they have got tangled up with a basket case of a football club is beyond me.
    I agree, but their investing in sport outside of their own franchised world of ownership has shown a lot of naitivity. If it was needed it shows that their obsession with every winner being monikered world champions is very very blinkered.
  • I always think that investing in a possibly huge loss making business like a lower league sports club is potentially a good tax write off, like (excuse my cynicism) a charitable donation, as noble as the latter may be
  • edited January 3
    I seem to remember that capital losses in the Caymans can be set off against US capital gains but not against income. The main  purpose of  Cayman island company is that you dont pay corporation tax in the caymans.
  • I don't really understand why the wealth of the owner matters so much. Isn't their investment limited to revenue+£2.5m?
  • Cloudworm said:
    I don't really understand why the wealth of the owner matters so much. Isn't their investment limited to revenue+£2.5m?
    No. in leagues 1 and 2, it is limited to how much equity they want to put into the club.