Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Form

For me, as well as getting clean sheets on a regular basis, we need to get some away wins on the board, starting tomorrow would be great.

So , what’ should the winning formula / lineup be , who should be starting with, as our away form this season (not that we’ve played many away games) has been pretty Eric Dier

Comments

• Options
    For me, as well as getting clean sheets on a regular basis, we need to get some away wins on the board, starting tomorrow would be great.

So , what’ should the winning formula / lineup be , who should be starting with, as our away form this season (not that we’ve played many away games) has been pretty Eric Dier
    Attack looks exciting but I still think the defence will be our Achilles heel. 
  • Options
    Didn't realise we had only played half the number of away games compared to home (4 Vs 8) - relegation form away from home and automatic promotion form at home
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Defence has been showing some signs of tightening up, and was very evident Saturday v Reading, with some much tighter closing down and blocking, so I am getting a bit more confident that we will get both aspects sorted very soon...
  • Options
    Most of the goals we let in come from break aways, so in theory, having to defend deeper (with T Watson, Hector, Jones, and Thomas) might actually work in our favour? If Dobson sits, and L Watson/Fraser also hold at times, we should be OK if we just let the front four play as they want.  We've got pace to burn in CBT and Tupac, and with May as the 10 behind Leaburn/Chuks/Boban, it's a fairly good set-up. Be nice to see if it works, although Lincoln is a tough game and it wouldn't surprise me if we lost tonight.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I think if you look at our starting lineups they don't vary much between home and away matches. Same sort of formation, same balance between attacking and defensive players. 

So at Lincoln we started with five defensively minded outfield players; the back four plus Dobson.
    We then had Fraser, Tupac, Alfie, CB-T and Leaburn. Not one of those players are the type you'll see tracking back and making tackles or clearances in a goalmouth scramble.

Compare that to the top sides, all of whose players are expected to defend like their lives depended on it. They won't start matches if they don't. Man City might leave Haarland up top when defending, but generally it's all hands to the pump, which makes them so difficult to beat.

So what we can do is take a look at the formation and the line up, work on our tracking back, and see if we can make ourselves harder to beat.

I'd 100% start with Louie Watson over Fraser (home and away) and try to shoehorn Camara in as well.
    So you'd then only have three out and out attackers, all of whom are quite pacy, making us dangerous from breaks.

AMB

Watson/Asiimwe   Hector/Ness    Jones    Edun/Thomas

L Watson    Dobson    Camara     

May          CBT

Leaburn

Tyreece would be great coming off the bench, and we might also try Tedic in place of Miles from time to time.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see what Michael has learnt from away games so far, and changes he'll make to the line up tomorrow.
  • Options
    An away win at last!