Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Courtney - RIP

Comments

• Options
    As far as l know Kenny Noye is a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    I know Dave went to Charlton but I thought Charlton wasn’t his team , just he had mates who supported us , is  that correct .
  • Options
    I know Dave went to Charlton but I thought Charlton wasn’t his team , just he had mates who supported us , is  that correct .
    I thought that too, but there were pictures of his house in the papers the other day and he has a pool table with the Charlton badge brinted on the felt, in his front room. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
  • Options
    Think that video would genuinely bring me a bit of comfort if I was a friend of his, which feels a strange thing to say.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I thought that too, but there were pictures of his house in the papers the other day and he has a pool table with the Charlton badge brinted on the felt, in his front room. 
    He lost a bet with a Charlton mate, so got the badge on his pool table 
  • Options
    Was the video from July , so poor fella been contemplating for a while 
  • Options
    Made the obitury page in the Daily Express along side Sir Bobby Charlton and Bill Kenwright.
  • Options
    Is that true? I presumed it was made that weekend. 
  • Options
    Is that true? I presumed it was made that weekend. 
    Yeah it was months old 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Typical Charlton Life thread.
  • Options
    Celebrated someone’s passing a few months ago with a balloon release, which was quite emotional and felt very fitting.

Must be honest, no environment impact and animals etc crossed my mind for a second. People do these things with only with good intentions in mind
    Hopefully now that a few more people have been educated about the harms this can do, they will find a better way of remembering a life.
    When I depart this earth I want my ashes to be fired into space in a large firework and be scattered to the four winds. Don’t really care about any environmental impact. 
    Your ashes are going straight in the sea mate. The kids have already drawn lots as to who is going to throw the urn....
    I heard that his ashes were to be scattered at The Valley. An afterlife in Purgatory. 

As for Dave Courtney,  I don't recall meeting him, but I hope that he is able to RIP.

I know people who have lost family members to suicide and they never get over it. After watching the moving video, I would think this is would have helped his friends and family come to terms with their loss. 

I can understand not wanting to live a life in constant pain with limited mobility. Its a choice I believe we should all have with the correct support to decide and help. 
  • Options
    I think this debate over balloons has been done now. Let’s leave it there please. 
    Agree, time to put a pin in it.
  • Options
    I think we should tie a knot in it too...
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Typical Charlton Life thread.
    Agree, pretty deflating 

RIP Dave