Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tamworth and Mid Bedfordshire.

Thinking of having a weekend break in the New Year.  Anyone been to Tamworth or Mid Bedfordshire with any tips on things to do or see?

Comments

• Options
    Tamworth is famous for the great escape of the Tamworth two.
    Since then nothing much, oh hang on a minute…..
  • Options
    Tamworth is a great place for train spotting - choo choo!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    This should be on another place, but that was closed because of the same old protagonist(s).

• Options
    Tamworth is great for Country music.
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    Tamworth is great for Country music.
    Every year we used to attend the Tamworth Bluegrass Festival.

Not much in Tamworth, but Litchfield was good, and also some interesting stately homes and history in the area.
  • Options
    This should be on another place, but that was closed because of the same old protagonist(s).

How do you mean? I think Bournemouth is just very keen, as a proud Brit, to explore more of this fine British country for British holidays
  • Options
    Thinking of having a weekend break in the New Year.  Anyone been to Tamworth or Mid Bedfordshire with any tips on things to do or see?
    You might want to wander around the shopping precinct and throw a couple of quid to the 2 buskers that will be looking for work. You'll soon spot them......they're be the ones wearing a Blue rosette 😄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    The Tamworth Manifesto in 1834 is reputedly when Sir Robert Peel laid down Conservative Party values which are supposedly still valid today .. the Tamworth Tory voters now seem to think otherwise.
    Bear in mind that the two outgoing MPs, Pincher (by name and nature) and Dorries had both become extremely unpopular with their electorate .. Dorries was never there and she threw a wobbler when her beloved Boris the Spider was turfed out of number 10 .. Pincher ?, say no more

I don't believe that this result means that Labour are a shoo in at the next election. much flood water to stream down the high street before next autumn
  • Options
    I, erm, quite like the look of Tamworth.
  • Options
    Bugger didn’t realise this was a political thread until I read the above post, was going to tell you that the Largest Ocado site in Britain is built upon a disused mine on the outskirts of Tamworth.
  • Options
    And about those pesky Jews/Palestinians/Greens/Brexiteers/Russians and Maga's eh ?
  • Options
    On your weekend break to Mid-Bedfordshire you can admire the population of black squirrels that we have here 
  • Options
    The Tamworth two are well known by us pesky vegetarians.
    And by David Cameron allegedly, but that should be mentioned on the House of Commoners thread, not on this main board.
  • Options

One has gone now, just need the riddler to go.

Both areas suggest a lot of promise for the future. 🙂
  • Options
    10 posts before the name calling. Impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I missed the news this morning. Well and truly wooshed.
  • Options
    Joe Stead (a local man from Woolwich area) released this song - The Terrible Saga of the Tamworth Man which is quite funny. https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/105017 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I used to live in Mid Beds. The man who wrote and performed The Laughing Policeman came from there too. So do 12,680 utter idiots.    
    I was gonna jump in there but i see what you did there and i totally agree! 
  • Options
    I used to live in Mid Beds. The man who wrote and performed The Laughing Policeman came from there too. So do 12,680 utter idiots.    
    Carefull!
    Only you can decide if you are included, mate...  :D
  • Options
    Luke 23:34.
  • Options
    Carefull!
    Only you can decide if you are included, mate...  :D
    No mate i'm definitely not one of the 12,680  ! 
  • Options
    Charles Penrose
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Charles Penrose
    Correct.
  • Options
    The Laughing Policeman is quite an early media commentary on Police Corruption.

#You shake him by his fat old hand
    And give him half a crown#