Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Norwood

Hi All,

Just after some recommendations really. My Girlfriend & I are in the process of buying a house in West Norwood. We've done a few trips to area to view the house/look round etc. Just wondered if anyone on here lives locally and had any recommendations of nice places? Restaurant, cafes, parks. that sort of thing really! Worryingly we will be under 3 miles from the Surrey lots Supermarket/Stadium but should be far enough away!

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    There is a strange smell if the wind is prevailing from South Norwood.  It is not a council refuse centre, sewage works or gas works, it is in fact all three, Selhurst Park!
  • Options
    I don't know the area at all but have heard good things about The Great North Wood pub.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Hope pub near where Travis Perkins is/was and theres an Italian place south of the station are both alright. 
  • Options
    This is by going to both the once. So no idea if they are still alright. 
  • Options
    Have lived there for 18 years. Good housing stock. Excellent cinema/library. Decent leisure centre with swimming pool. Half a dozen good pubs if you include Tulse Hill. Couple of decent resetarants. Generally typical inner suburbia which hasn't really gentrified but always seems to be about to.

Trains to both Victoria and London Bridge (or Thameslink from Tulse Hill). Reasoably close to Herne Hill, Brixton, Dulwich, Streatham, Crystal Palace. Selhurst quite a long way away. 

Parks are OK. Norwood Park is loved by some but I don't rate it. Streatham Common and Norwood Grove are better. Brockwell, Belair and Dulwich Parks and Dulwuch Woods within a couple of miles.