Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ivor Robson RIP

For the golfers among us, if you didn’t know the name you would know the voice. Dear old Ivor, the starter at the Open (and other tournaments) for 41 years. And a very nice man by all accounts. “On the tee………) RIP. 

Comments

• Options
    RIP. Not being a golfer, but would of heard his voice on the tele over the years.
  • Options
    I still don't know how he stood on the 1st tee for hours & hours without a break. I'm sure he must have nipped off for 5 minutes at some point. There is usually around 8-10 mins between tee times so there would have (just) been enough time (if there had been a portaloo somewhere close).

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I still don't know how he stood on the 1st tee for hours & hours without a break. I'm sure he must have nipped off for 5 minutes at some point. There is usually around 8-10 mins between tee times so there would have (just) been enough time (if there had been a portaloo somewhere close).

RIP.
    He once sid in an interview that he had nothing to eat or drink the evening before so trained himself to be able to stand there uninterrupted.