Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diawara gone

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Looks and sounds sown up. Still can't see an accurate fee yet.

Looks glad to be gone!

another link with quotes

Comments

• Options
    Good ridenance sulky sod.
  • Options
    Souleymane Diawara : Ce fut une très bonne expérience car je voulais goûter à un autre championnat, découvrir une autre culture. L’Angleterre, c’est tout de même un des meilleurs championnats au monde. Malgré la descente du club en First Division, je pense que j’ai vécu une expérience positive. Cela m’a permis de compléter mon jeu en me confrontant à un football très différent.

'It was a very good experience as I wanted to get the taste of another country's league, to discover another culture. The English league is after all one of the best in the world. Despite the club's relegation I think I've been through a positive experience.It has allowed me to improve my all round game and to pit my wits myself against a different style of football.'
  • Options
    Another player sold at a loss.
  • Options
    i know but if he dont wanna play then bye bye. according to SSN we got 2.7mil for him. i wanted him to stay but if he dont then i dont want him to!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    right, we have a picture of a Charlton player in another clubs shirt about three four hours ago and yet we can't have it on our own website. Whayhay.
  • Options
    Translated:

It was very good for me to get pissed regularly in another country and get in trouble with the police. It was like a long holiday, and getting paid unbelievable money in the process. It was fantastic the fans singing my name even though i never really took the whole thing as serious as i should.
    When it comes to the time when the club needs me to justify the faith they put in me, not just on the pitch but other instances off the pitch, guess what garcon's, i'm buggering off back to France !!! Ooh la la !!!!Allez le France !!!
  • Options
    Suppose the stuff about Diawara rolling up drunk at training can now come out?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I;ve heard various stories about Diawara from various people. None of them shed him in a good light.....
  • Options
    heard about the drinking, not about the police
  • Options
    You can't leave it there!!! Tell the stories!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not for me to say, heard from people not connected to the club but from the Met police. Backing up other whispers i heard, lets just say Souly liked a beer.
  • Options
    man...... thats got to be the biggest waste of time and money i have ever seen in a charlton shirt....
  • Options
    Right! I'll bet he put them away too - given his size.
    Oh well, another chapter in the Dowie saga finishes. Only Faye and Reid left...
  • Options
    He was rubbish, good riddance.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]He was rubbish, good riddance.[/quote]

Agreed 100%, I cannot understand these "revisionists" who are trying to say he would have been the rock to build the side on this season!!! Jesus, the bloke gave away more free kicks than Mark Dennis and Terry Hurlock, especially on the edge of the box with rash tackles. Thank God we have got some dough back for him.

Only Faye to go....
  • Options
    How much did we get for him?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    And Bent.....?
  • Options
    Interesting - genuinely thought he'd be a major plus this year (as Pards appeared to), but I had no idea about the bevvies etc. Wanting out says a lot about his character.
  • Options
    I'm probably in a minority of 1 but i actually think Bent has realised he's not that good, no-one wants him, and he can be an asset in this division. I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    dont most footballers like a beer?

horrible to start slurring him now. unlike you afka.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the irony being i was completely hammered when i posted that at midnight last night !!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Maybe, just maybe you're right. I'm going to give him a chance for the start of the season.

Also - you can't really blame Dowie for inflicting him on us - he inherited him from Curbs (Marcus was a big push in the Januray transfer window - the player that was going to stave off our end of season slump that year!).

As for Diawara. Good riddance. Another good for nothing mercenary shipped out and less evidence that Dowie was ever there. A result I say. Really made me laugh that he bemoaned us not getting the ball on the deck enough. The guy got over his positional frailties with good pace and a strong tackle (leave it!) but not only was he positionally unaware (think how many of those last ditch tackles people were raving about were onle necessary becuase he wasn't doing his job properly in the first place) but he couldn't actually kick, he was hardly a footballing centre half now was he? Mug. Big drunken mug.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Mug. Big drunken mug.
    LOLOL

That's gold.
  • Options
    Is that the first time he's been pictured without gloves on!?
  • Options
    He left them in the pub...
  • Options
    So now we know why we was wearing gloves - to hide the beer tremors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]dont most footballers like a beer?

horrible to start slurring him now. unlike you afka.

think it went beyond liking the odd beer.
  • Options
    Yeah. He liked odd beers, lager beers, bitter beers, stout beers, bottled beers, draught beers and turbo shandies.
  • Options
    Didn't he know the Great British Beer Festival is on at Earls Court this week? Bad planning, have a word with the agent...
  • Options
    hope they fined the overpaid canute.... (alot)