Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks EFL Trophy: Charlton v Aston Villa U21 (closes Wednesday teatime)

2»

Comments

• edited October 2023
    Applescore 6

AMB: 6
    T.Watson: 6
    Ness: 7
    Elewere: 7
    Asiimwe: 7.5
    L.Watson: 8
    Fraser: 8
    T.Campbell: 8
    Kirk: 6
    C.Campbell: 7
    Leaburn: 7
    May: 7
    Tedić: 6
    Aneke: 6

Referee: 6

Laqeratabua: 5
    Kedwell: 5
  • Applescore: 8 Good to give squad players a run out 

AMB: 6
    T.Watson: 6
    Ness: 7
    Elewere: 7.5 Very comfortable on the ball
    Asiimwe: 7.5 Good going forward and in defending
    L.Watson: 8 Ran the show first half
    Fraser: 7.5 Certainly in contention for midfield slot
    T.Campbell: 6
    Kirk: 6 So frustrating watching him
    C.Campbell: 6
    Leaburn: 7
    May: 6
    Tedić: 6
    Aneke: 6

Referee: 7

Laqeratabua: Showing promise
    Kedwell: Ditto
  • AMB: 5.5 - some good saves but really poor for the corner goal
    T.Watson: 5.5 - looked tired, doesn't offer a huge amount going forward.
    Ness: 7- had a good game, looks stronger in the air than previously.
    Elewere: 7.5 - very impressive, commanding and brought the ball out very well.
    Asiimwe: 7 - considering he was playing on his weaker side I thought he was excellent, need to improve his final ball but he is going to be a really good full back.
    L.Watson: 6.5 kept things ticking and good goal, looked tired second half. Of the summer signings I was probably least enthused by him but I am eating humble pie, fast becoming a key starter for us.
    Fraser: 6 looked rusty but some nice touches and passes, needed the minutes.
    T.Campbell: 6 quiet today.
    Kirk: 5.5 good finish but he slows every attack down and is so predictable coming onto his right every time.
    C.Campbell: 6 also quiet today, not sure he has the positional sense to play CM in a 2 as he was asked in the second half.
    Leaburn: 7.5 much better today, held it up well and brought others into play. Two good finishes.
    May: 6 couldnt really get into it.
    Tedić: 5.5 not sure what he offers especially out wide.
    Aneke: 6 scared them and a few good runs but didnt have enough time to do damage.

Referee: 8 did very well outside of the ridiculous time added on in both halves.

Laqeratabua:n/a wasn't on long enough to really mark him.
    Kedwell: n/a was busy, good tackling and two wonderful cross-field switches - impressed. Could be a good understudy to Dobbo.
  • AMB: 6 
    T.Watson: 6.5 better 
    Ness: 7 solid
    Elewere:  7.5 Best for a while
    Asiimwe: 7.5 Reliable and gaining confidence
    L.Watson: 7.5 Busy and available.  Shame about the penno and his inability to last a match yet
    Fraser: 6.5 Glad to see him play.  Can do some stuff nobody else in the team can
    T.Campbell: 6.5 In and out of the game but his pace petrified opponents
    Kirk: 6.5 Best we've seen from him in a while and most effort.  Can't understand all the negativity towards him (A guy near me actually blamed him for the goal from a corner)
    C.Campbell: 6 Reminds me a bit of Liam Millar but without the end product yet.  I think he needs a run of games to get some form.
    Leaburn: 7 They couldn't handle him in the first half.  I saw some Villa fans applauding him off which shows what they thought of him
    May: 6.5 Buesy as ever but not much happened 
    Tedić: 5.5 I don't doubt he has a lot of talent but am not quite sure what he is right now.  Not a winger.
    Aneke: 6 Not much came off

My guess is Appleton told them the game was won and not to get any injuries in the 2nd half.  That's understandable but also is hard to re-motivate them after conceding the goal.  Entertaining game though and the treble is still on
  • AMB:                        6
    T.Watson:                6
    Ness:                       7
    Elewere:                  7
    Asiimwe:                 7.5
    L.Watson                 7: 
    Fraser:                    7
    T.Campbell:           7
    Kirk:                       6
    C.Campbell:            6
    Leaburn:                7
    May:                      6