Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking around the ground

Could well be a thread on this already but this year it’s got really hard to park nearby. Double yellow lines added and paid for car parks closed. If this is an attempt to get people to go on public transport it’s not going to work for me. I live 60 miles away and trains won’t make it worth the effort. The club needs to address this if they want to keep fans. Anyone else having similar problems. I don’t mind paying for parking, that’s normal

Comments

• Never had an issue parking around Lombard Wall and surrounding streets. 
  • Torally agree, its a perfect thing/issue for the fans rep to bring up. I can imagine why the club haven't got together with Greenwich Council as the club has been mayhem and run mainly by idiots for the last decade and more. Its a valid point, I too would happily pay to park or just park where I used to on match days. It genuinely affects attendances as the trains from where I live are fubar more Saturdays than they are not
  • edited October 2023
    Parking near a station and getting a train in would be an option for some. There's also plenty of busses from North Greenwich (jubilee line). The loop on the Welling line still runs 2 trains an hour to Charlton too. Appreciate the trains are not often reliable and generally expensive from outside of London and not feasible for those who struggle to walk for one reason or another..

And yes, this has been discussed on plenty of other threads quite recently, but the issue is obviously getting worse, especially with increased extra time taking us past the 2 hour restriction in the local parking zone. 
  • Turn left off shooters hill road by the church and there is stacks of on street parking 10-15 minutes walk
  • I always park on the industrial estate by the river, but it's got exceptionally shitty recently (even by industrial estate standards). I noticed yesterday there were loads of old cars parked bumper to bumper all boxed-in and none of them moved after the game. Looks like the breakers yard are just using the public streets to store their junk.
  • edited October 2023
    Turn left off shooters hill road by the church and there is stacks of on street parking 10-15 minutes walk
    Doh...there won't be any more now...🙄🤷‍♂️
  • Parking near a station and getting a train in would be an option for some. There's also plenty of busses from North Greenwich (jubilee line). The loop on the Welling line still runs 2 trains an hour to Charlton too. Appreciate the trains are not often not reliable and generally expensive from outside of London and not feasible for those who struggle to walk for one reason or another..

And yes, this has been discussed on plenty of other threads quite recently, but the issue is obviously getting worse, especially with increased extra time taking us past the 2 hour restriction in the local parking zone. 
    You also forgot to mention trains do not often run rhrough strikes :)
  • The car park at PC World has a lower section that they never open.  Why not open and charge on match days? Also there used to be a £5 car park opposite Kwik Fit but that’s all closed off now. Definitely one for the fans rep. 
  • Parking was raised at the last fans forum.
  • We normally park in Makros
  • Sponsored links:

• Parking was raised at the last fans forum.
    That’s good. Just talk or any actions?

• DiscoCAFC said:
    We normally park in Makros
    Is that risky if you’re not a cardholder?
  • edited October 2023
    kafka said:
    Parking was raised at the last fans forum.
    That’s good. Just talk or any actions?

• kafka said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Don’t know about the Charlton Makros but the one I use in Enfield has an hour and a half time limit on it before you have to enter stuff for it to be valid .
    i didn’t know and kept getting a ticket when it was taking me 2 hours to buy my bulk toilet rolls , water , cadburys chocolate and any other shit I could load the minibus with … I showed receipts and was left off each time 
  • kafka said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Never has been so far. 
  • When I have been by car  for a Saturday game I have used the Thames Barrier Visitors Centre car park.  It was not expensive last time if I remember. Have not been by car for a while but another suggestion to add to the others being offered.