Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The egg rollers taking the pee

edited August 2007 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
thought it funny
juicy lewsey

Comments

• i thought that was varney for a sec ;0)
  • LOL. Liking that
  • edited August 2007
    Lewsey is a double hard. Absolutely no way I'd ever row with him.

Starting to get enthused about the RWC - only ever watch the Six Nations and other England internationals cos club rugby is piss-boring, but really looking forward to this.
  • That is seriously taking the piss.

Why on earth advertise their sport like that?

I don't like rugby and like it even less now.
  • Get over yourself. Thought it was funny myself.
  • "Why on earth advertise their sport like that?"

Because the majority of England rugby supporters are clueless posh twerps who have next to no idea about the game the players or anything else, who believe they are some how superior to others based upon the sneering at the round ball game... Club rugby is where it's at, a lot less braying and much more fun.

Charlton on a Saturday, Saracens on a Sunday... not a shopping centre insight. I love the winter!
  • edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]"Why on earth advertise their sport like that?"

Because the majority of England rugby supporters are clueless posh twerps who have next to no idea about the game the players or anything else, who believe they are some how superior to others based upon the sneering at the round ball game... Club rugby is where it's at, a lot less braying and much more fun.

Charlton on a Saturday, Saracens on a Sunday... not a shopping centre insight. I love the winter!
    Not to put too fine a point on this - and not looking for a row - but that is utter, utter bollocks.

I've got a relatively close-knit bunch of mates - much like probably every other bloke on here between the ages of 18 and 50 - and every one of them bar maybe two or three likes rugby, follows the England (Wales, Scotland or South Africa in other cases) team but none of them bothers with club rugby. By your rationale that means that me, and nearly all my mates, are 'clueless posh twerps'. Which brings me back to my first point - that you are talking utter, utter bollocks.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]That is seriously taking the piss.

Why on earth advertise their sport like that?

I don't like rugby and like it even less now.

honestly. buy a sense of humour!
    football fans take the piss out of rugger buggers - it works both ways.
  • No it doesn't Leroy it simply suggests you're in the minority.

When you go to twickenham, you're surrounded by a load of 'England supporters' who have been in the car parks around the ground quaffing booze on corporate tickets, who don't know the first thing about the game. They played it at University but haven't got a clue about the nuts and bolts of the game but are quite happy to tell everyone that they're a Rugby man...

I follow my club over the national team, no different to football, thats all.
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]No it doesn't Leroy it simply suggests you're in the minority.

When you go to twickenham, you're surrounded by a load of 'England supporters' who have been in the car parks around the ground quaffing booze on corporate tickets, who don't know the first thing about the game. They played it at University but haven't got a clue about the nuts and bolts of the game but are quite happy to tell everyone that they're a Rugby man...

I follow my club over the national team, no different to football, thats all.
    Have you been to an England football match in this country lately?

There isn't a whole lot of difference. The days of dear ol dad taking his little nipper down Wembley Way and having a cup of Bovril at half time whilst holding a rattle are gone. Most attendees at England games now are corporate twats - which is why the atmosphere at England matches in this country is so shite.

The people who go to Twickers are not remotely representative of the majority of people watching England play rugby in the pubs and in their homes up and down the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• No like I said I avoid all England games as i can't bare to be surrounded by clueless buffons. Clubs first for me.

My actual point was the fact that there is quite a big contingent who do watch Rugby in the pubs and at home whom for whatever reason hold Rugby over football and sneer at the round ball game. These people are often well educated former public school boys and for obvious social economic reasons have a decent income and are one of the reasons that high end brands chose to target by taking the piss out of the round ball game...

Maybe you and your mates don't fit into this catagory and neither do I and a lot of mine, but to suggest they don't exist in large numbers is as you rightly put is 'utter utter bollocks'
  • I thought it was funny, especially the bit at the end about it being England's true passion, that had me in stitches.
  • I laughed, bloody hell guys lighten up! It's only an advert......