Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Llanera doing an All:Sports?

WSSWSS
edited August 2007 in Rumours
I’ve heard from a reliable source that Llanera are in a bit of financial trouble. They have had problems securing planning permission in Spain to build homes and they relied on this quite heavily.

The Maidstone branch is set to shut down relatively soon.

Surely not another Allsports scenario all over again.

Now, I’m not sure it is 100% accurate but the source is someone who knows and has worked with the top dog very closely.

Comments

• really wouldn't be suprised by this. To say the Spanish property market has been volatile in the past 12 months is something of an understatement. Their expansion into the UK always seemed a bit unrealistic to me, but just my opinion.
  • We don't seem very lucky with sponsors.

First Redbus, then All:Sorts, and Llanera.

Even the Woolwich went tits up and had to be merged.

So wheres Viglen, then, when you need them?

;-)
  • Don't forget Fads.

Are any of our sponsors still going ?????
  • didn't sunley sponsor us then the multi million £ deal went through to enable us to sew white 'woolwich' bands over the word 'sunley'.
  • Viglen are still going
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]didn't sunley sponsor us then the multi million £ deal went through to enable us to sew white 'woolwich' bands over the word 'sunley'.

Best kit every though
  • in all seriousness, if this is true surely it will have large ramnifications on our newly reduced budget ???
  • highly likely- especially if the sponsership payment didn't reduce when we were relegated.

If it did then i would suspect/ hope that we would probably be able to replace it at a similar level??
  • Here's an idea for a new sponsor, guaranteed to be around for ever...... Valley Gold.

All we have to do is to sew white 'Valley Gold' bands over the word 'Llanera'. ;-)
  • Viglen is part of what was the Alan Sugar empire, I think, so now part of BSkyB?

Sponsoring us is obviously about as good an omen as having a fishtank in reception (statistically proven that the company is then likely to go bust according to debt collector I know...)
  • New sponsors should be AEG !!
  • Sponsored links:

• How about Enron as the next sponsor??
  • How about Leeds FC or even better Crystal Palace FC
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]in all seriousness, if this is true surely it will have large ramnifications on our newly reduced budget ???

wouldn't they have signed a contract though ? I'm sure Llanera wouldn't cease to exist even if they closed their UK ops. Still carry them on the shirt till the deal expires or let them buy out of it but I can't see those that recently bought shirts would be happy.
  • Anyone got Bill Gate's number?
  • Maybe Grade could do something and get ITV to sponsor us if Llanera went. oh dear my new top might out of date.
  • edited August 2007
    I heard the club have lined up three potential new sponsors
    Laker Airways
    TWA
    DeLoren
  • edited August 2007
    Having the China captain in the side might be a good way of getting a sponsor, wouldn't be suprised if we ended up with ITV or The O2 on the shirts either
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I heard the club have lined up three potential new sponsors
    Laker Airways
    TWA
    DeLoren[/quote]

DeLoren are roumoured to be going back into production!!
  • edited August 2007
    They had a car at the Bluewater motor show last weekend
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We don't seem very lucky with sponsors.

First Redbus, then All:Sorts, and Llanera.

Even the Woolwich went tits up and had to be merged.

So wheres Viglen, then, when you need them?

;-)
    The Woolwich was doing very well which is why Barclays paid a fortune for it.
    I think Redbus is doing okay.