Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matchwornshirt.com

Won't interest many but as we have a partnership with this lot I thought I'd make a thread about the auctions they're having. 

Last month's shirts celebrating the draw at Stevenage went for a total of £3545, Leaburn's the highest at £307.

Just added ones from the cup match(es) against Stockport last season, all apparently worn, though 4 players weren't involved in either leg so something not quite right there.. 
https://www.matchwornshirt.com/event/05-10-2023-charlton-athletic-stockport-county

Looks like they'll also be added from the Blackpool game. 

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Won't interest many but as we have a partnership with this lot I thought I'd make a thread about the auctions they're having. 

Last month's shirts celebrating the draw at Stevenage went for a total of £3545, Leaburn's the highest at £307.

Just added ones from the cup match(es) against Stockport last season, all apparently worn, though 4 players weren't involved in either leg so something not quite right there.. 
    https://www.matchwornshirt.com/event/05-10-2023-charlton-athletic-stockport-county

Well Chuks shirt stinks of Deep Heat so must be legit.
  • Options
    Talal said:

£101 for Henry’s shirt. He must be bidding against himself. 
  • Options
    I can't believe people are willing to pay that much for matchworn Charlton shirts but hey it's for a great cause. We have a really dedicated fan in Hong Kong who keeps people updated on everything Charlton in Cantonese.

I saw he bought the Abankwah shirt vs Stevenage and is now leading the bidding for Henry. Interesting choice but presumably just going for the one he thinks will be the cheapest, good on him.
  • Options
    follett said:
    I can't believe people are willing to pay that much for matchworn Charlton shirts but hey it's for a great cause. We have a really dedicated fan in Hong Kong who keeps people updated on everything Charlton in Cantonese.

I saw he bought the Abankwah shirt vs Stevenage and is now leading the bidding for Henry. Interesting choice but presumably just going for the one he thinks will be the cheapest, good on him.
    Hadn't realised the money was going to Cure Leukemia for this one, it's most recently been going to the club. Indeed a great cause. 
  • Options
    I would hope and expect MWS to update their website. With the game being so long ago, i would be questioning if any of these were legitimate.

Most of the time, you are taking someone's word that a shirt is what they say it is.

It's a massive pain in the arse, but one could try and patten match if they were super keen.
  • Options
    follett said:

Where do you keep up to date with the HK dude's activities?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    follett said:

You might want to let this person know that Henry didn't wear this shirt. He was an unused sub in both Stockport games and played the second half in the previous round against Coalville, wearing a poppy. Great it's for charity but people should know what they're buying, if they don't already. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    follett said:

You might want to let this person know that Henry didn't wear this shirt. He was an unused sub in both Stockport games and played the second half in the previous round against Coalville, wearing a poppy. Great it's for charity but people should know what they're buying, if they don't already. 
    If he wore it sitting on the bench but didn’t come on does it count as “match worn”?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    follett said:

If he wore it sitting on the bench but didn’t come on does it count as “match worn”?
    No, it would be match issued. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been reading up on this.

So, on average over 20% of what you pay is kept by the platform and the rest goes to the club, who may or may not give some of it to charity at their own discretion. 

Doesn't sound very appealing to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess. 
  • Options
    I don't think that's the case for the "Stockport" ones as it says the proceeds go to the charity (after MWS take their excessive cut). The Blackpool ones go to the club. 
  • Options
    Where do you keep up to date with the HK dude's activities?
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100085271334013

• Options
    would never use them but what is wrong with their 20% cut

they are providing the service of selling the product- the club certainly isn't marketing them or running the sales.

How many shirts did the club sell before this link up ?
  • Options
    do players never wear the same shirt twice then (am I being thick here or does every shirt end up on that site after every game?)
  • Options
    do players never wear the same shirt twice then (am I being thick here or does every shirt end up on that site after every game?)
    Generally, in the Premier League, each player will have 3 shirts per match, and will very often change at half time.

I've no idea about lower leagues, but I can't imagine us providing each player with 3 shirts a match.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    would never use them but what is wrong with their 20% cut

they are providing the service of selling the product- the club certainly isn't marketing them or running the sales.

How many shirts did the club sell before this link up ?
    Nothing wrong when the money goes to the club, I just think it's a bit much when it's going to charity. 
  • Options
    Just the Stevenage and Blackpool games have been auctioned so far this season. 
  • Options
    Bought 2 shirts from here. Really quick delivery and good service. Would recommend it for anyone thinking about it.
  • Options
    20% is the standard auctioneers' fee these days which they take off both sellers and buyers which I think is OTT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20% is the standard auctioneers' fee these days which they take off both sellers and buyers which I think is OTT