Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Reds are going up

Personally, whilst I love a bit of optimism, it seems a little premature to start singing this just yet though another convincing score line on Saturday might change my mind on this but in the ‘insert name’ bit to replace ‘Lee Bowyer’ it seems to me that nobody has yet determined what to sing. When it got to that point the other night it when a bit quiet on that line in the chant and came out a bit mumbled and I couldn’t work out what people were even trying to sing

Comments

• 54 views so far and nobody has an answer of what to sing. Not looking good for Appleton, he might have to be replaced before the team wins too many games and it’s too late to get rid of him 
  • "Mick Apples"? Thats the best I can think of to make it fit
  • Mr Michael Appleton. Just make it work.
  • Hope I’m wrong but I think “the reds are going up” is a chant that will be meaningless this season.
  • Just use his surname I reckon
  • "New owners" fits in the song at least.

So does "George Dobson", "Miles Leaburn", "Scott Fraser", "Asiimwe", "Appleton" and "Charles Methven"
  • edited October 2023
    If we cant sing that song 6 games Into the season when 4-1 up at home, we may never sing it.

PS... nobody actually said goodbye to a horse.
  • shine166 said:
    If we cant sing that song 6 games Into the season when 4-1 up at home, we may never sing it.

PS... nobody actually said goodbye to a horse.
    See above
  • It’s so long since we have needed to use this song, I can’t remember where this question fits into the chant? I didn’t even notice it being sung the other night to be honest. I heard a pin drop midway through the second half. Our home crowd wasn’t bad, but wish we could replicate our away following’s efforts - always top top drawer. One of the reasons I cope with suffering the longer journeys tbh.

Way too early for any promotion chants - as was the players’ celebrations having beaten Leyton Orient 1-0 - just look at what followed. Patience and some more time required to see where we are at in November/December, but just shows how much we have suffered of late, the smallest glimmer of light and a lot of ours think we’re going up 🤷‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s so long since we have needed to use this song, I can’t remember where this question fits into the chant? I didn’t even notice it being sung the other night to be honest. I heard a pin drop midway through the second half. Our home crowd wasn’t bad, but wish we could replicate our away following’s efforts - always top top drawer. One of the reasons I cope with suffering the longer journeys tbh.

Way too early for any promotion chants - as was the players’ celebrations having beaten Leyton Orient 1-0 - just look at what followed. Patience and some more time required to see where we are at in November/December, but just shows how much we have suffered of late, the smallest glimmer of light and a lot of ours think we’re going up 🤷‍♂️
    I seem to recall it got sung after we convincingly went 2-1 up like promotion contenders from Chuk’s saved penalty that May then scored from the rebound…I think the disbelief from the Exeter team and fans at somehow having missed something temporally completely threw them and Charlton were able to capitalise on it
  • We're probably the only team in the country* that would debate the lyrics of a promotion song while in the bottom half of the table. 

*world 
  • Chizz said:
    We're probably the only team in the country* that would debate the lyrics of a promotion song while in the bottom half of the table. 

*world 
    Forward thinking
  • Can we not just mumble ‘the league’ after the Reds are going up? 
  • Chizz said:
    We're probably the only team in the country* that would debate the lyrics of a promotion song while in the bottom half of the table. 

*world 
    In that case perhaps it should be,"The football league,  is upside down, we're going up with the Cheltenham the football league is upside down..."
  • Im sure someone can come up with some alternative words to fit this ?

https://youtu.be/72U3UbfJG40?si=N4VPG8KbMLPDSh5m
  • Stig said:
    Chizz said:

*world 
    In that case perhaps it should be,"The football league,  is upside down, we're going up with the Cheltenham the football league is upside down..."
    Fits nicely into the Celery chant from Chelsea

Upside Down
    Upside Down
    We're going up with Cheltenham cos the league is Upside Down 
  • Hope I’m wrong but I think “the reds are going up” is a chant that will be meaningless this season.
    It's a bit of fun, Shooters.

But you never know, a couple of new players in January, a few tweaks, a bit of form and a bit of luck - and the team go on a late run. 

Lee Bowyer got us promoted with just that formula.

But meantime, it's just a song and a bit of fun  ;) 

• Whilst we're on the subject the Alfie May song is sung way too fast and almost completely incoherent 
  • sam3110 said:
    Whilst we're on the subject the Alfie May song is sung way too fast and almost completely incoherent 
    There’s an Alfie May song ?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Whilst we're on the subject the Alfie May song is sung way too fast and almost completely incoherent 
    You gotta be quick to hear it, cos it's over before it's started.  :p
    Hate to break it to you Shooters, but in hindsight during the 1980s and 90s, we weren’t in fact the greatest football team the world has ever seen. 
    We could drop below Sutton and AFC Wimbledon in the leagues and still be number 1 in South London though
  • Michael Appleton is magic 
    he wears a magic hat
    and when he saw The Valley
    he said I’m having that

he knows our fans are clueless 
    And didn’t want him here 
    he said fuck off you bellends
    promotions really near.
  • So, what name/words should be sung ?

now we’ve got xxxx xxxxxxx we’re fucking dynamite 

or maybe now we play three strikers were fucking dynamite
  • So, what name/words should be sung ?

now we’ve got xxxx xxxxxxx we’re fucking dynamite 

or maybe now we play three strikers were fucking dynamite
     'F**k*d off Sandgaard..
  • sam3110 said:
    It's a short one