Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Horizon 22

Has anyone done it yet?
Is anyone planning on doing it?

For those unaware

Horizon 22 opened on 27th September I think it was and is the tallest viewing platform in London standing at 833 feet

I have booked for 26th October was the first available date I could get and looking forward to seeing the sights from that high

Comments

• Options
    I'm going tomorrow. 😃
  • Options
    If you are thinking of going, get in quick and book tickets. As far as I can see  only a few dates left in November for this year.
  • Options
    A bloke that works here said one of the conditions of it's license is to always be free! Probably the same for the Sky Garden. The logic is to encourage people into the city. Sadly it closes around 5pm.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    A bloke that works here said one of the conditions of it's license is to always be free! Probably the same for the Sky Garden. The logic is to encourage people into the city. Sadly it closes around 5pm.
    Give it a month, and those times will be very popular, given you'll get to see Sunset over London - Wasn't aware of Horizon 22 until the thread was started.

Might have to take the Camera and see if I can book a late slot, when I'm next due up in the London Office.
  • Options
    Give it a month, and those times will be very popular, given you'll get to see Sunset over London - Wasn't aware of Horizon 22 until the thread was started.

Might have to take the Camera and see if I can book a late slot, when I'm next due up in the London Office.
    Night time is private hire...

There was only a coffee stall up there, that may change as the views were literally levels above the Sky Garden. Must be a similar height to the Shard which is £20 or so?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Nice picture @Friend Or Defoe 

Couple of questions I had regarding my upcoming visit

1- how many people go up at one time(looks like you had a nice view so I'm assuming it's not overfilled)

2- how long do you get up there
  • Options
    edited October 2023

There was only a coffee stall up there, that may change as the views were literally levels above the Sky Garden. Must be a similar height to the Shard which is £20 or so?
    Sunset will soon be before 5pm, and around 4pm come December

Was my point
  • Options
    Nice picture @Friend Or Defoe 

Couple of questions I had regarding my upcoming visit

1- how many people go up at one time(looks like you had a nice view so I'm assuming it's not overfilled)

2- how long do you get up there
    Was pretty empty, probably 50 people there or so. The lift flies up there in under a minute. Same as all high level viewing galleries. There were only 4 people in the lifts and not queues. They allow walks ins as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard of it before. Will be getting up there as soon as I can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Shard is taller but the viewing platform isn't at the top so I think Horizon22 is a better option. I'm taking the family there in the half-term and really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    @paulie8290 thank you, just booked for November!
  • Options
    @paulie8290 thank you, just booked for November!
    Same here, booked for late November
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up @paulie8290. I walked past this just before it was scheduled to open. Your thread has prompted me to book tickets.
  • Options
    the Emirates cable car ride was high enough for me 
  • Options
    On my way home

Wow the view was incredible 

Must say when I first got out the lift I got a little light headed(guessing it was the height that took some adjustment, going from ground floor to that high in 41 seconds i think they said) 

But the views all around where absolutely amazing
  • Options
    The wife and kids went today. I was supposed to go too but I'm down with Covid :(

They said the view was spectacular. 
  • Options
    Went today. And it is, as others say, a great view! 

The numbers up there are well controlled so not crowded and could stay as long as you wanted. We passed a good hour and a quarter without trying. 

And above all its free!  I just hope the poster above is right when he says it has to stay that way! I wouldn't take the chance, however, and would book some tickets asap if you fancy going up.

Thanks to @paulie8290 for the original tip about this place as I had never heard of it until I read that post!
  • Options
    Presume there is a toilet up there?
    Thinking of having a pint before going up there Thursday afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going up on Thursday morning. Coming down just in time for cocktails....
  • Options
    Photography tip: use a lens hood up against the glass or use a polarising filter, then you wont get any reflections in the glass, as seen in the picture above.  Especially important if shooting at night.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    Oh yes. One of the first questions I ask these days  :-)
  • Options
    Oh yes. One of the first questions I ask these days  :-)
    Nice ones too :)
  • Options
    Went up there yesterday. Great view and fantastic that it is free. Recommend that if you can fit a visit in then do it.
  • Options
    Is it better than Horizon 21?
  • Options
    I've just returned home from a trip to Horizon 22, well worth the visit, a perfect day for a great view over the greatest city in the world.
    Thanks @paulie8290 for the suggestion about this venue.
    A shame we all couldn't of gone up at the same time, we could have had a City Addicks meeting up there.
    It was also good to see the City of London streets busy again.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Photography tip: use a lens hood up against the glass or use a polarising filter, then you wont get any reflections in the glass, as seen in the picture above.  Especially important if shooting at night.  You're welcome.
    Most of us would be using a phone and trying the 45 degree trick. 🤷🏻‍♂️

FTR the place wouldn't be able to legally open without a toilet.
  • Options
    Went today. And it is, as others say, a great view! 

The numbers up there are well controlled so not crowded and could stay as long as you wanted. We passed a good hour and a quarter without trying. 

And above all its free!  I just hope the poster above is right when he says it has to stay that way! I wouldn't take the chance, however, and would book some tickets asap if you fancy going up.

Thanks to @paulie8290 for the original tip about this place as I had never heard of it until I read that post!
    Went up there yesterday. Great view and fantastic that it is free. Recommend that if you can fit a visit in then do it.
    We went yesterday too, seems like a Charlton supporters day out
  • Options
    Thanks Paulie, absolutely stunning.