Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby (A) 14/10/23 postponed due to international call ups

edited September 2023 in General Charlton
https://www.charltonafc.com/news/derby-county-trip-postponed

The Addicks' Sky Bet League One fixture at Derby County on Saturday, October 14th has been postponed due to international call-ups for the hosts.

EFL rules state that clubs with three or more call-ups are permitted to reschedule league games. 

The date for the rearranged matches will be announced once confirmed.

Already-purchased tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled fixture.

Comments

• Options
    Apart from messing people about, might be a good game to play later. We could have a good run and this game is an obsticle. It could allow us to put a few more games together and build confidence further.
  • Options
    Very early to have a game called off, as none of the international squads have been announced yet.

Sensible though, seeing that both teams will probably have 3 players called up
  • Options
    With at least three members of Derby’s first-team squad receiving international call-ups, the EFL have confirmed the postponement of the fixture because of the players’ unavailability at club level.
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    Any idea on this? I can only swap my train tickets as they are non refundable so need the club to announce the new date tomorrow!

Others must have had this issue before - anyone ever managed to get their money back from Trainline for non-refundable tickets?

• Options
    HandG said:
    Any idea on this? I can only swap my train tickets as they are non refundable so need the club to announce the new date tomorrow!

Others must have had this issue before - anyone ever managed to get their money back from Trainline for non-refundable tickets?

Swap and swap again if necessary?
  • Options
    HandG said:

Swap and swap again if necessary?
    Thanks but unfortunately there’s an additional cost for swapping so don’t think that’s an option…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll play them twice in February then, interesting
  • Options
    27th February is a significant postponement, I'm surprised a nearer date couldn't have been found
  • Options
    That clashes with the 5th Round of the FA Cup (due to be played midweek this year)

Probably better to keep an eye on Derby in the cup than us!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Nah, spoke to trainline earlier for about half an hour. As the cheap tickets aren’t out yet it’s an extra £300 for my four tickets! 

I going to have to swallow the £150 loss unfortunately. 

Lesson well and truly learnt on international weeks!