Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK & APPLESCORE: Charlton 3-1 Wycombe

many thanks to the 83 Lifers who gave marks
Applescore was 7.44

Comments

• Very interesting as always, but why still no marking for Deji at Oxford?
  • Applescore?
  • edited September 2023
    LL, May was playing yesterday, so not still injured, otherwise all so interesting 
  • Dobson did not have a better game than Jones! 
  • Very interesting as always, but why still no marking for Deji at Oxford?
    because I forgot !
  • edited September 2023
    Applescore
    a score for the management of the game taking into account team selection, tactics and substitutions
  • the scores, with a couple of exceptions, reflect the very good all round performance 
  • edited September 2023
    Abankwah didn't deserve 5.10, made some good clearances/ headers
  • Applescore
    a score for the management of the game taking into account team selection, tactics and substitutions
    Not sure what more he could have done selection wise, subs bang on and changed the game,  what does he have to do to get an 8?
  • I wonder if where you sit might sometimes affect your score. 
    I sit in Covered End Upper, and even with my new glasses some of what goes on up the other end is a bit of a blur. For example, I scored Abankwah quite low, but if he’d made several good blocks or clearances in front of the JS I might not have realised it was him. 
    Sorry, James and @Redhenry,  if that’s the case. 🙁
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    I wonder if where you sit might sometimes affect your score. 
    I sit in Covered End Upper, and even with my new glasses some of what goes on up the other end is a bit of a blur. For example, I scored Abankwah quite low, but if he’d made several good blocks or clearances in front of the JS I might not have realised it was him. 
    As I sit near the halfway line in the Curbs stand and high up, my scores should count double  ;)

Sitting in my usual seat reminded me what a great view of the pitch I have when compared to most away ends, when not only are you behind the goal, you're also quite low down. Midfielders in particular are really hard to analyse, as you can see so little of what's going on in the crowded centre of the pitch.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Applescore
    Not sure what more he could have done selection wise, subs bang on and changed the game,  what does he have to do to get an 8?
    Be Bowyer, Powell or Curbs probably.

I agree he got it bang on. We started well and when the game looked to be slipping from our grasp 2nd half he made 3 subs in one go and 2 were involved in a goal within minutes. That's a 9 in my book.
  • Wasn't at the game as I'm away. So if our read this right, with an average mark of 6.50 it was only marginally better than previous home games when results have been poorer. Seems surprising 
  • Is it me, or are we not doing the top scorers/ goalscorers. Not showing for me. 
  • Is it me, or are we not doing the top scorers/ goalscorers. Not showing for me. 
    whoops!
    yes we are except I missed it off by mistake, I am unable to amend the original so am adding it here

hope that helps
    whoops!
    yes we are except I missed it off by mistake, I am unable to amend the original so am adding it here

hope that helps
    All good, i thought maybe it was something on my settings or an issue this end. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I wonder if where you sit might sometimes affect your score. 
    As I sit near the halfway line in the Curbs stand and high up, my scores should count double  ;)

Sitting in my usual seat reminded me what a great view of the pitch I have when compared to most away ends, when not only are you behind the goal, you're also quite low down. Midfielders in particular are really hard to analyse, as you can see so little of what's going on in the crowded centre of the pitch.
    Yeah but what about Abankwahs low score? :)