Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Wycombe Wanderers : Saturday 23rd September 2023 : KO 3:00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Leaburn off Aneke on
  • Options
    Leaburn off aneke on
  • Options

Leaburn is replaced by Aneke
  • Options
    Miles makes way for the BBC ... Big Bad Chuks
    BBCITV - Big Bad Chuks Into The Valley
  • Options
    1. 69'

Post update

Terell Thomas (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 69'

Post update

Foul by Chris Forino (Wycombe Wanderers).

• Options
    Campbell for Campbell needed 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    May signalled that leaburn needed to come off and we forced him to defend the corner 
    I've always heard that you NEVER make a defensive sub during a corner - Because of the confusion it can make with players not knowing who they should be marking.
    Yep. Schoolboy error making a sub when defending a corner.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    May signalled that leaburn needed to come off and we forced him to defend the corner 
    I've always heard that you NEVER make a sub defending a corner - Because of the confusion it can make with players not knowing who they should be marking.
    I don't even do it in Champ Man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's the sort of thing we need from Chuks.

Isted's long ball up the pitch is deftly laid off to Alfie by Chuks whilst he was holding off the big centre half with his little finger.
  • Options
    We're playing two fullbacks who are incapable of assisting our attacking play. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I've always heard that you NEVER make a sub defending a corner - Because of the confusion it can make with players not knowing who they should be marking.
    And doubly so with us because even when we're fully organised we hint got a bloody clue what we're doing.
  • Options
    1. 71'

Post update

Offside, Wycombe Wanderers. Freddie Potts tries a through ball, but Sam Vokes is caught offside.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Because they're not Full Backs
  • Options

Aneke has taken the central striker role, May seems to have dropped a bit deeper

• Options
    Seems like Aneke is central with May buzzing around him looking for knock downs
  • Options
    Stevenage 0-2
    B Rovers 4-1
  • Options
    Fucking decision making all the time. Stop trying to force it and play the percentages. 
  • Options

Flag up as Vokes heads wide from a decent cross. Isted came out to meet it but was beaten to the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Because they're not Full Backs
    Yes I'm aware of that, but it's hindering us going forward 
  • Options
    So hard to win games without a proper LB or RB. Can double up on both our wingers without much fear of the overlap.
  • Options
    Lucky! Wycombe break, we defend in our usual way and a block/ save sees Hanlons shot out for a corner.
  • Options
    HE MADE A PROPER SAVE! 
  • Options

Huge block from Terell Thomas as Wycombe counter. McCleary feeds Hanlan, cuts in and Thomas is back to block the shot.
  • Options
    Good save/block from a combo of Isted and Thomas.
  • Options
    Hector increasingly looking like the new Ben Watson. Might have been good once but now just casually taking a pay cheque. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Talal said:
    HE MADE A PROPER SAVE! 
    I thought that was a deflection again, although he did well to spread himself
  • Options
    Isted claims the Wycombe corner.
  • Options
    Stevenage 0-3
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!