Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Earbud recommendations

Looking for a reasonable price, hard working and wearing, more for music and podcasts than phone calls, for iPhone.
Want to control song skip, rewind and volume if possible.
NOT apple AirPods, had them before, can’t get on with them
All advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Have you thought about Shokz bone conduction headphones, good if you don't like things in your ear, I have some and they work good for me..🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Have you thought about Shokz bone conduction headphones, good if you don't like things in your ear, I have some and they work good for me..🤷‍♂️
    OMG I had to google that - amazing :)
  • Options
    I have a pair of Bang & Olafson (sp) ear buds, very good, excellent sound quality. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023

SOUNDPEATS TrueAir2 

Fantastic sound quality and comfort for $45 Aud on Amazon. 
    They die after 3 weeks (as expected) but then, there is a trick to bring them back to life again (YouTube) , and its heaven.
    Seriously the sound quality is amazing.
  • Options
    Thought this would be a thread about cleaning out ear wax. 
  • Options
    No, just earbuds required, but thanks 
  • Options
    I'll say Airpods, but get some memory foam ear tips, and they are a million times more comfy 
  • Options
    Love my Aftershox!! I have two small children (one being a baby when I was looking) and was looking at the Sony noise cancelling earbuds, realising that if the noise cancellation was good then I wouldn't be able to hear them talk to me or cry out etc. so tried the bone conduction ones and they're awesome! I can listen to music (not huge bass) but they're better for podcasts etc and I can have a conversation. They're also safe for running and cycling as you can hear what's going on around you - they're a supplier for Team GB athletes who use them.

Thoroughly recommend them!! 
  • Options
    I also have a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 Plus' that are great sounding and have a great battery life. 
  • Options
    OMG I had to google that - amazing :)
    Missus has a pair. They are very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think these are much better. You can't lose the earbuds.
    https://www.coreaccessories.co.uk/core-wireless-neckband-earbuds-2
  • Options
    Johnson and Johnson always work OK for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I treated myself to a top of the range pair from Jabra a few years ago. Jabra Elite Sport. A year later and part of the innards kept sliding off. I emailed Jabra to request a replacement part or a repair, and they replied "This is a non-repairable item."

Criminal. You'd think you were paying for longevity and service at that price range, not a disposable product.

Moral of the story, don't buy Jabra. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I’ve bought a couple of pairs off Amazon recently for about £12-£15 as I can be a bit lax at leaving them places. Never going back. Can’t see the point. The sound is seemingly perfect, they fit in my ear for running excellently and they do most of (if not all) the things you’re looking for. Save yourself some money.
  • Options
    Sony WF-C500. Did a bit of research before buying and seemed to be one of the best mid-range options. Have had them a year or so now and been very impressed.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I treated myself to a top of the range pair from Jabra a few years ago. Jabra Elite Sport. A year later and part of the innards kept sliding off. I emailed Jabra to request a replacement part or a repair, and they replied "This is a non-repairable item."

Criminal. You'd think you were paying for longevity and service at that price range, not a disposable product.

Moral of the story, don't buy Jabra. 
    I've had my Jabra sport headphones for about a decade, they've been brilliant. Thinking of replacing now (ego) but they've potentially got a few more years in them.
  • Options
    hermann said:
    Sony WF-C500. Did a bit of research before buying and seemed to be one of the best mid-range options. Have had them a year or so now and been very impressed.
    I'll second this. Really good.

• Options
    Cheap n cheerful, forever losing one or both of them so limit myself to around £15 from amazon, they do a job
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I’ve bought a couple of pairs off Amazon recently for about £12-£15 as I can be a bit lax at leaving them places. Never going back. Can’t see the point. The sound is seemingly perfect, they fit in my ear for running excellently and they do most of (if not all) the things you’re looking for. Save yourself some money.
    I tend to agree.  A family member had a B&O pair and also a pair from Boltune which then cost around £35.  I’ve never been able to get on with anything stuck in my ears but I purchased the Boltunes a couple of years ago (probably longer !) and found them perfect for my ancient ears.  The last time I looked they were still available on Amazon at £10-15.
  • Options
    I have some Anker Soundcore ear buds. Pretty decent and a lot cheaper than AIrBuds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Samsung Galaxy Buds 2. But mine were free. 

For all audio equipment it's worth looking at Anker. They put out some great low cost products.
  • Options
    I bought a cheap pair off Amazon and they are fine. I might treat myself to a pair of these at some point they get good reviews.

https://escsounds.com