Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the appointment of Richard O’Donnell as First-Team coach

2»

Comments

• Hopefully works out well bringing some outside coaches in, will hopefully give some fresh ideas rather than the cheap option of promoting the academy/U21 
  • Hopefully works out well bringing some outside coaches in, will hopefully give some fresh ideas rather than the cheap option of promoting the academy/U21 
    It's also bring people in that are good at stuff you know you aren't good at.  
  • Jac_52 said:
    Would be good if Hayes could go back to the youth as he was very successful there I believe?

Unfortunately though he exuded the vibes of that bloke from Ted Lasso promoted from kit man when he was on the touchline with the first team. We seemed a bit amateur and clearly something hasn't been right with the coaching given how useless we are in basic footballing situations such as set plays and game awareness.
    While it's good to have some coaching progression within the club, it can't have been good for the academy to lose SO many senior coaches in recent times.
  • DA9 said:
    I’ve never heard of him, therefore I hate him, don’t rate him and want him sacked immediately
    How about we give him a chance? Win today and he keeps his job.
  • Scoham said:
    DA9 said:
    I’ve never heard of him, therefore I hate him, don’t rate him and want him sacked immediately
    That's a good shout. But what about next weekend or the weekends after that?
  • I assume the Charlton website is correct as Richard O'Donnell would've been only 19 when he did his Uefa B Licence, if he did the course the same time as Michael Appleton.

21 years old for his A licence 🤔 is impressive but the reality is can you get players who are cerebrally challenged🥴 to understand how to do the basics. 

Time will tell.

• Never really liked his singing, a bit cheesy all that country and Irish stuff, but wish Daniel good luck with his coaching career at Charlton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to O'Donnell in trying to get a tune out of Charlton Athletic 🗣️
  • T_C_E said:
    Never really liked his singing, a bit cheesy all that country and Irish stuff, but wish Daniel good luck with his coaching career at Charlton 
    I was going to do the Daniel O’Donnell gag, but thought 90% of the forum would think wtf so decided against it 😉

You'd be right.
  • Scoham said:
    DA9 said:
    Seeing as we only drew, has he been sacked yet? If not I’m going to be fuming.