Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Other Danny Mills

Yes, we can all remember the Danny Mills who played for Charlton in the Premier League and went on to Leeds, Manchester City and England fame, but I am seeking information on the earlier one who was at Charlton as a schoolboy in 1989, played through the colts and reserves and made two brief substitute appearances in the Anglo Italian Cup in 1993. He was a winger from Sidcup who had attended Hurstmere Secondary Modern School. Danny never played in a league match for Charlton and his contract was cancelled by mutual consent when he immigrated to Canada in 1995.That did not work out and he returned to the UK and played for Barnet (1995-98) and Brighton (1998 till at least 1999).Does anyone know what happened to Danny after that or is in contact with him, please? The info is needed for volume 2 of 'The Valiant 1000'. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Comments

• Have you tried asking other ex players of same time. He did a RWB day event in 1992 with Carl Leaburn so maybe Tracey/Carl might know
  • Played for Harchester United 20 years ago
  • Did he retrain as a physio? Rings a distant bell somewhere. Might have worked at Middlesbrough in that capacity.
  • Paul Sturgess played with him here and at Brighton might be easier to find someone in contact with him?
  • Will private message you @killerjerrylee
  • Will private message you @killerjerrylee
    And me
  • His sister was my primary school teacher 
  • There's a DannyMills at Dulwich Hamlet
  • Kap10 said:
    There's a DannyMills at Dulwich Hamlet
    Not him, he used to play for Welling and he’s much younger 
  • Sponsored links:

• "There's only three Danny Mills..."
  • Did he retrain as a physio? Rings a distant bell somewhere. Might have worked at Middlesbrough in that capacity.
    That was Gary Moss. Really nice bloke, he went back to Middlesbrough (his home town) and became a fireman. 
    That was Gary Moss. Really nice bloke, he went back to Middlesbrough (his home town) and became a fireman. 
    Ah cheers, think there was a bit about him in the Boro programme on one of our visits.
  • Used to sign them both on Championship Manager 97/98 (or the Barnet one if we already had the Norwich one, can't remember), just because I found it funny that you'd not know which it was talking about, and you'd get commentary like "Cut out by Danny Mills, who passes onto Danny Mills... Danny Mills passes back to Danny Mills" etc.

Simple times.
  • I remember him, would have been in the same age group as the likes of Mark Tivey and Rossi Franco maybe. 

On another note wasn't Frankyn Dixon also in that youth team? He was the lad from Sierra Leone who was in the youth team at 14 but drifted away, I think he ended up at Northampton and later Greenwich Borough and Cray Wanderers.
  • Chizz said:
    "There's only three Danny Mills..."
    "We all dream of a team of Danny mills"