Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Criminal Justice System and Offender Deterrents?

edited September 2023 in General Charlton
We all know the criminal justice system and offender deterrents aren’t working?

I’m putting forward a new deterrent that I’m convinced will work! 

Depending on crime/offence, Offenders should receive as punishment either; 1, 5, 10 or 20 year CAFC season tickets and this should be strictly imposed and supervised to ensure that offenders are appropriately punished for their crimes. That’ll sort the buggers out, they’ll live to regret ever committing the crime in the first place!

I believe if my proposal is implemented crime statistics will fall dramatically!

I’m setting up a petition, watch this space.

Comments

• Was bracing for another "bring back the death penalty" thread. Bravo
    Hardly any difference between the death penalty and watching Charlton though is there.
    sometimes I think this might be more preferable than having to watch us
  • They'd just do what most Charlton season ticket holders do though, and that's not go to many of the games!
  • For the really heinous crimes, get them visible Charlton tattoos and make them live near a bunch of Palace and Millwall fans.
  • Bring back capital punishment.
    Hardly any difference between the death penalty and watching Charlton though is there.
    True.
  • edited September 2023
    For the really heinous crimes, get them visible Charlton tattoos and make them live near a bunch of Palace and Millwall fans.
    Great idea bit like in Inglorious Bastards where the swastika was carved into the guy’s forehead.
  • We all know the criminal justice system and offender deterrents aren’t working?

Depending on crime/offence, Offenders should receive as punishment either; 1, 5, 10 or 20 year CAFC season tickets and this should be strictly imposed and supervised to ensure that offenders are appropriately punished for their crimes. That’ll sort the buggers out, they’ll live to regret ever committing the crime in the first place!

I believe if my proposal is implemented crime statistics will fall dramatically!

It would never be allowed. It certainly constitutes "Cruel and Unusual Punishment". 
  • We all know the criminal justice system and offender deterrents aren’t working?

It would never be allowed. It certainly constitutes "Cruel and Unusual Punishment". 
    We must fight the oppressors, Algarve. We have the right, we must take our lead from the Popular People’s Front.
  • Sponsored links:

• For the really heinous crimes, get them visible Charlton tattoos and make them live near a bunch of Palace and Millwall fans.
    I've done nothing wrong. 😢

When we first started deporting convicts to Australia they were given a choice, deportation or death. Out of the first batch of 12, 8 chose death. 😃
    I thought at first someone had damaged a train last night  and we'd be reaching for our pitchforks and torches.
  • Pedro45 said:
    They'd just do what most Charlton season ticket holders do though, and that's not go to many of the games!
    Ah, but this would be enforceable by law!
    You have just described me perfectly. 

I must have done something very bad.
  • edited September 2023
    honestly ?

Lock them up & don't let them out again.

You can't burgle a house/rob a granny/drink & drive  from your prison cell. 

Yes, we would need a hell of a lot more prisons - but the cost will be a pay off from the £££ that are spent on the aftermath of the crimes. 
  • honestly ?

Yes, we would need a hell of a lot more prisons - but the cost will be a pay off from the £££ that are spent on the aftermath of the crimes. 
    This has all the logic and financial nous as Roland's network. For that I applaud it.
  • honestly ?

@golfaddick you can see this isn’t a serious thread, so why spoil it with responding as if it was.

Just join in with the humour or start another thread if you want to debate the subject matter, please.
  • edited September 2023
    You thought my post was serious....😄😄😄😄

It would get laughed out of Parliament. 😃
  • edited September 2023
    Funny this thread was started then this happens 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-66728340

Coincidence I think not!