Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23/24 Injuries thread

Comments

• Options
    An argument can be put forward to start Chuks from the start and if injured to be replaced by ANOther. If he comes on for last 20 mins or so and gets injured then it disrupts the team again. Both options have their risks. Difficult decisions for Mr Apples. 
  • Options
    From experience. I think if he starts take off at half time comes on as sub all well and good. It’s all about starting time back on for second half after little restThis is when the injuries happen all about warming up warming down to which he doesn’t do.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    From experience. I think if he starts take off at half time comes on as sub all well and good. It’s all about starting time back on for second half after little restThis is when the injuries happen all about warming up warming down to which he doesn’t do.
    So Chuks is often injured because he doesn't warm up or warm down properly? I doubt that's true, and how would you know anyway
  • Options
    Most of his injuries seem to have been precipitated by a full sprint for a through ball. Dare I suggest that this may not quite be his game 
  • Options
    Logically speaking whether Chuks plays the 1st thirty minutes or the last 30 minutes it would have no difference on his chances of picking up an injury. 
    But from what I've seen of him he has far more impact on the game by coming on as a sub rather than when he starts. 
  • Options
    Logically speaking whether Chuks plays the 1st thirty minutes or the last 30 minutes it would have no difference on his chances of picking up an injury. 
    But from what I've seen of him he has far more impact on the game by coming on as a sub rather than when he starts. 
    That's true but it's also logical to suggest that if he plays an hour there has to be a greater chance as he's simply out there longer.
    I feel it was working having him as a sub so didn't really need changing. 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    So Chuks is often injured because he doesn't warm up or warm down properly? I doubt that's true, and how would you know anyway
    Well if you open your eyes on match days your see 
  • Options
    *A Charlton Player* had a scan at Lyca Heath in Orpington today…
    no idea of name, but someone of BAME background and early 20s 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cazo said:
    cazo said:
    Well if you open your eyes on match days your see 
    Brilliant, any other insightful advice which will help my matchday? 
    Cup of Bovril?
  • Options
    Tayo Edun?

Well, I doubt it was Chuks.  :)

• Options
    I have a horrible feeling we are going to add Blackett-Taylor to this thread after he limped off tonight.
  • Options
    PlayerGames
    Missed
    Injury
    Aneke6?
    Leaburn5Ankle?
    Isted5Knee Injury
    T.Taylor1Concussion
    T.Campbell3Ankle?
    Chin5?
    May1Concussion
    Asiimwe2?
    Fraser7Calf
    Camara8Foot
    McGrandles9?
    Edun6?
    Aneke1Hamstring Strain
    T.Taylor4Ankle
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Tayo Edun?

CBT
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Tayo Edun?

CBT
    That message was posted yesterday and he played last night , so it’s not him . 
  • Options
    Early 20's and BAME, I suppose it probably was Edun. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Boo. Such a shame about Chuks, but we've been there before. I think what took us by surprise was just how fit and raring he looked. He was sharp in each appearance, not sluggish or lacking confidence. 

Bang goes about 10 points (min) while he's injured. Well, the effects already visible against Lincoln.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS... This bloke has absolutely no luck... Feel for him
  • Options

The Head Coach also gave the latest on midfielder Terry Taylor following his successful ankle surgery.

“Terry’s doing alright," said Appleton. "I know the brace is due to come off his foot soon. In the first few weeks after your operation it’s about trying to keep your chin up, keep your morale.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/chuks-aneke-injury-update

• Options
    Any news on McGrandles? It's almost like he's been totally forgotten. 
  • Options
    We could do with giving McGrandles a few games to see what he can do.

At least it sounds like Edun is on the way back. I hope he holds up when he finally comes back into the side - it’s so often a problem when players don’t have a proper pre-season.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Any news on McGrandles? It's almost like he's been totally forgotten. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/injury-update-edun-mcgrandles-and-thomas
  • Options
    I did mention that it's rare for a player to comeback from 3 operations in a season and just crack on fully fit. 

A lot of our fans analysed his injury record before last season, but that's distorting it towards to extreme for hope.

Poor chap. To have him and Aneke out for mid/long term is just so, us.
  • Options
    Shame for Camera. Starting to feel like when we get one player back we lose another straight to injury. Assume Northampton is called off for international matches, only got two league games in November and two cup matches. Hopefully, won’t need to rush Mcgrandles or Taylor back.
  • Options
    Three months  :(
  • Options
    From the IOS

'Panutche Camará will be sidelined for a significant period of time after suffering a hamstring injury during Tuesday's 3-2 win at Wigan Athletic.

The midfielder, on loan from Ipswich Town, was forced off after 10 minutes at the DW Stadium.

“It’s not good so there’s no point dressing it up," said Michael Appleton. "It’s going to be at least three months and obviously I feel for Pan. He’s worked ever so hard to get himself in a position to play and you can see the ability that he’s got.

"He covers the ground very well and you could argue that he’s almost quicker with the ball than he is without the ball," added the Head Coach. He’s had issues in the past with his hamstring and he’s not had a great time of it with injuries over the last couple of years."

Bad news for Camara, but once again showing up our recruitment strategy with semi-fit players.