Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tennai Watson - Signs on a TWO Year Deal (CONFIRMED) ++

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Asiimwe was loaned out to be honest. Regular games in League 2 would do him good. Ramsey and Watson is perfectly fine at this level as an RB duo. 
    I don't rate Watson, but even if he's 'fine', we need to be aiming for better than fine.  Fine gets you another midtable finish.
  • Options
    I think he improved but he is still too weak offensively and defensively. Seeing as he has another year and he isn't likely to have loads of clubs wanting him who will pay him more, at least he will be a squad player next season unless something big happens to his game.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Doesn’t matter what the stats say in my opinion, nothing can beat the test of what the eyes can see. Watson is not a very good player and with Ramsay, there isn’t much point having Watson as second choice when you have Asiimwe as well. Let him go and either trust Asiimwe to be second choice or sign better and loan him out. 
    We need to sign a lot of players though and RB/RWB isn't urgent so can't see it happening unless a very good deal crops up. 
  • Options
    Sage said:.
    Doesn’t matter what the stats say in my opinion, nothing can beat the test of what the eyes can see. Watson is not a very good player and with Ramsay, there isn’t much point having Watson as second choice when you have Asiimwe as well. Let him go and either trust Asiimwe to be second choice or sign better and loan him out. 

• Options
    Sage said:.

• Options
    Watson really improved under Jones but was abysmal under Appleton, baffling how he made it into that team
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Asiimwe as the back up to Ramsay is just seeing us make the same squad building mistakes as per the last couple of seasons.

Ramsay
    Watson or another if we can shift him on, but as  the clear backup will there be any better than him.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Asiimwe was loaned out to be honest. Regular games in League 2 would do him good. Ramsey and Watson is perfectly fine at this level as an RB duo. 
    Bromley getting promoted could be a great outcome for us... Perfect local side, that we've already been working with in the past, gives us a chance to loan out some of our more experienced kids, that need regular game time themselves in the Football League.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Watson went from being absolutely abysmal to being ok. Doesn't fill me with confidence for next season

Id like to think Ramsay will be fit and will be first choice. Like what I've seen from him so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Trouble is I don't think Asiimwe plays the way Jones likes his wing backs to play. He's not a traditional wide player who hugs the touchline, he likes to come inside and add bodies to the CM areas. I actually think long term he will be a great option for the RCB role. but for now I feel a loan would best suit him. 

The question then becomes is Watson good enough as 2nd choice RWB to Ramsay? I'd say he is as good as any 2nd choice in the league. In a window where most positions need a complete overhaul it may be that we take a pragmatic decision to stick with the 2 RB's we have.
  • Options
    Ideally I’d love to loan Asiimwe out and sign a new, better right back instead of Watson. The last thing I’d be comfortable with is Ramsay getting injured and we are left with Watson who I don’t think is good enough for where we want and need to be going next season. He would not get in any of the top 6 clubs this season, he shouldn’t be getting in ours next.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bromley getting promoted could be a great outcome for us... Perfect local side, that we've already been working with in the past, gives us a chance to loan out some of our more experienced kids, that need regular game time themselves in the Football League.

That would be the perfect situation. Keeps him very local and we have obviously trusted them with players in the past. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Personally think Small and Ramsay are good enough. 

Watson and Asiimwe are squad players at best right now. Edun is not a decent wing back. He may be useful as an out and out winger but not good enough defensively.
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Lots of players improved a lot when NJ first came in, but most of them didn't sustain those levels a tailed off bit as the season went on. Watson probably would’ve done the same. He’s not as bad as his worst form under Appleton but not as good as those few games when NJ first came in. Overall he’s an average to sub par league one full back and not good enough for where we’re supposedly aiming. Ramsay looks to be the better option of the two. Watson may be ok as backup but if he were to end up playing an extended run I’d be concerned. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Lots of players improved a lot when NJ first came in, but most of them
    did sustain those levels a tailed off bit as the season went on. Watson probably would’ve done the same. He’s not as bad as his worst firm
    under Appleton but not as good as those few games when NJ first came in. Overall he’s an average to sub par league one full back and not good enough for where we’re supposedly aiming. Ramsay looks to be the better option of the two. Watson may be ok as backup but if he were to end up playing an extended run I’d be concerned. 
    I'd rather we'd kept Sean Clare tbh. Faster, could tackle, could shoot, could run all game... Could also have lapses in concentration and had games where he wasn't in the mood, but was a step above Watson. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    did sustain those levels a tailed off bit as the season went on. Watson probably would’ve done the same. He’s not as bad as his worst firm
    under Appleton but not as good as those few games when NJ first came in. Overall he’s an average to sub par league one full back and not good enough for where we’re supposedly aiming. Ramsay looks to be the better option of the two. Watson may be ok as backup but if he were to end up playing an extended run I’d be concerned. 
    I'd rather we'd kept Sean Clare tbh. Faster, could tackle, could shoot.... 
    Could switch off again and again. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah comment updated after thinking about it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeah comment updated after thinking about it. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Sage said:
    We need to sign a lot of players though and RB/RWB isn't urgent so can't see it happening unless a very good deal crops up. 
    RWB and LWB are very important for Nathans style of play, especially his favoured diamond midfield. I expect a good LWB and RWB to be signed...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd rather we'd kept Sean Clare tbh. Faster, could tackle, could shoot, could run all game... Could also have lapses in concentration and had games where he wasn't in the mood, but was a step above Watson. 

Wigan fans don't rate him. I thought he was one of the most limited players I have seen play for us. Nice fella, tries hard but Watson is better than Clare.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Talal said:
    Sage said:
    RWB and LWB are very important for Nathans style of play, especially his favoured diamond midfield. I expect a good LWB and RWB to be signed...
    Isn’t that why we signed Ramsay and Small around the time Jones came in? Arguably already done.
  • Options
    As said above L and RWB will be the toughest in his formation. One good player in each position may not be enough over the long season. He may consider Assimwe good enough for one, but time will tell...
  • Options
    Also I'm telling you what Nathan wants, but it may not be what he gets.

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Also I'm telling you what Nathan wants, but it may not be what he gets.

And not all on the owners either, going to partly depend on being able to move unwanted under contract players out.
  • Options
    If we’re (hopefully) fishing in a bigger pond than of late then we’ll also need to confront the fact there will be a good many other rods with juicy worms as well. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    It's mad that he's in that team, he's not even the best right back at the club, but I do think he's way overhated on here. 
    Is he? I've not noticed Tennai Watson get much grief on here. Statbank average 6.01. He seems to just be regarded as very average, which he is. He got criticised for one 'error' but that's not being hated. 
    It's the level of abuse he gets when he makes a mistake. There are some players whose mistakes count more than others and Tennai is one of them. Some of our players make mistakes and get called out on the day for it and that's it, and some get the 'I never want to see him in a Charlton shirt again' or often just 'cnut'. Morgan Fox was one who got this, Magennis got it, there are just some players whose errors count more than others despite pretty much everyone in our team being atrocious and Tennai often gets it. 
  • Options
    edited May 1
    Chunes said:
    It's mad that he's in that team, he's not even the best right back at the club, but I do think he's way overhated on here. 
    Is he? I've not noticed Tennai Watson get much grief on here. Statbank average 6.01. He seems to just be regarded as very average, which he is. He got criticised for one 'error' but that's not being hated. 
    It's the level of abuse he gets when he makes a mistake. There are some players whose mistakes count more than others and Tennai is one of them. Some of our players make mistakes and get called out on the day for it and that's it, and some get the 'I never want to see him in a Charlton shirt again' or often just 'cnut'. Morgan Fox was one who got this, Magennis got it, there are just some players whose errors count more than others despite pretty much everyone in our team being atrocious and Tennai often gets it. 
    I suppose that some players make an error but have a bit more in the bank. If you're rank average and make an error, you don't have much to fall back on.