Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Managers' XI

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
Qualification: must have played for and managed Charlton 

--------- Roberts ------------ 

Gritt --- Bailey --- Pearce --- Powell 

Curbishley - Pardew - Bowyer - Jackson 

--------- Peacock --------- 

--------- Firmani ---------  

Manager: Albert Lindon (Charlton's first player to be promoted to manager) 

No doubt there are errors and omissions here.  Can anyone else come up with a better XI that qualifies? 

Comments

• Options

Charlton Manangers' XI

still wrong
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Ignore, I didn't read that they had to play for us as well!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Bailey (my boyhood hero and England international) was a half back rather than Centre back so I’d put him in midfield instead of big nose and bending the criteria a bit Andy Nelson at Centre back. Mullery another England international half back / midfielder also has to come in for either Jackson or Curbishley.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lindon was a goalkeeper so replaces Roberts.

We've actually done this before without the requirement to have also played for Charlton 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    London was a goalkeeper so replaces Roberts.

We've actually done this before without the requirement to have also played for Charlton 
    Additionally Sam Bartram goes in goal for starters if it’s either managing and or playing 😉. Gordon Jago could also go in as one of the CBs.
  • Options
    Manangers 
    Do doo be-do-do
    Manangers
    Do do-do do
    Manangers
    Do doo be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!

• Options

A Charlton Manager eleven - Page 2 — Charlton Life (vanillacommunity.com)

Under the new criteria as well as Albert in goal we could rope in Theo Foley to play at the back and move Bailey into midfield to replace Pardew.
  • Options

Thank gawd I'm not the only person who can't spell! 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Bailey (my boyhood hero and England international) was a half back rather than Centre back so I’d put him in midfield instead of big nose and Andy Nelson at Centre back. Mullery another England international half back / midfielder also has to come in for either Jackson or Curbishley.

Both Andy Nelson and Alan Mullery managed but never played for Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    RedChaser said:
    Bailey (my boyhood hero and England international) was a half back rather than Centre back so I’d put him in midfield instead of big nose and Andy Nelson at Centre back. Mullery another England international half back / midfielder also has to come in for either Jackson or Curbishley.

Both Andy Nelson and Alan Mullery managed but never played for Charlton.
    True, got a bit carried away with the managing side of the selection criteria 🤦‍♂️ Inclusion subsequently explained 😉
  • Options
    Benny Fenton - player and general manager when they existed. Jason Euell has picked a first team too.
  • Options
    Benny Fenton - player and general manager when they existed. Jason Euell has picked a first team too.
    Third criterion, implicit, but I’ll spell it out: didn’t manage the scum.