Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford v Charlton -TV coverage

I notice that the only full match replays that the Charlton App does not show is that of the Oxford game. I may be reading too much into it but someone had said that Curbs and Brownie were particularly critical of the club's training regime during the coverage-is this the regime's 'Pravda' control or just they have forgotten to put the coverage up!

Comments

• HRBryan said:
    I notice that the only full match replays that the Charlton App does not show is that of the Oxford game. I may be reading too much into it but someone had said that Curbs and Brownie were particularly critical of the club's training regime during the coverage-is this the regime's 'Pravda' control or just they have forgotten to put the coverage up!
    Saving us from ourselves?
  • edited August 2023
    HRBryan said:
    It could be a broadcast rights thing i.e they aren’t allowed to upload till match replays until a week after the match or something. 
  • se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:
    It could be a broadcast rights thing i.e they aren’t allowed to upload till match replays until a week after the match or something. 
    The full match-day production is normally available for CATV subscribers on a Monday (Saturday games) or Wednesday (Tuesday night ko).

The problem I normally have is that even if I've managed to avoid the score or CL over the weekend, with the intention of watching the full match "as live" on the Monday or Tuesday, when I log onto the "On demand" section of Charlton TV the highlights are already there with the bloody score in the description!
  • se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:
    The full match-day production is normally available for CATV subscribers on a Monday (Saturday games) or Wednesday (Tuesday night ko).

The problem I normally have is that even if I've managed to avoid the score or CL over the weekend, with the intention of watching the full match "as live" on the Monday or Tuesday, when I log onto the "On demand" section of Charlton TV the highlights are already there with the bloody score in the description!
    I can imagine that’s particularly annoying this season as you then can’t be arsed to sit through 90 minutes of a loss!
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:

I can imagine that’s particularly annoying this season as you then can’t be arsed to sit through 90 minutes of a loss!
    On the bright side it saves me a couple of hours of pain and misery!
  • edited August 2023
    se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:

I do this too, bookmark a direct link to the "On Demand" and then "Full Match Replay section. If you're forced to login, login, then use that bookmark to navigate back to that page. Don't use the homepage to get back there. That should keep you from seeing anything apart from the full march replays. 
  • Curbs and Brownie are worth their weight in gold - something has to justify £65 a year!
  • se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:

How many Charlton fans would avoid the score all weekend, so that they can watch a full game unspoilt 2 days later? I'd be amazed if anyone else did that!

HRBryan said:
    Curbs and Brownie are worth their weight in gold - something has to justify £65 a year!
    That's the only reason I'd watch the full match coverage afterwards, the post match dissection.
  • se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:

How many Charlton fans would avoid the score all weekend, so that they can watch a full game unspoilt 2 days later? I'd be amazed if anyone else did that!
    If you're on holiday or busy over the weekend it's very easy to do that! I can then watch the full match coverage on the Monday to take my mind off how sh1t work is ... and remind me how sh1t my football club has become. :(
  • se9addick said:
    HRBryan said:

If you're on holiday or busy over the weekend it's very easy to do that! I can then watch the full match coverage on the Monday to take my mind off how sh1t work is ... and remind me how sh1t my football club has become. :(
    Yup I do it too. I mean I live in the US and no one cares about Charlton, so I just avoid social media for a couple of days. It doesn't always work, but I'm pretty good at it. It's usually not worth the wait though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was pleased to see the Oxford game was uploaded early Saturday am and was good viewing (th epunditry I mean!). On Saturday's broadcast I was especially pleased to see both Brownie and Curbs being forthright in their views on what is going on, in terms of the club sacking Holden without a plan in place etc. That is the kind of stuff that does make Charlton TV worth the price...