Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan (A) (9/9/23) postponed due to international call-ups

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/wigan-fixture-postponed-due-international-call-ups

Charlton’s Sky Bet League One fixture away at Wigan Athletic on Saturday, September 9th has been postponed due to international call-ups.

EFL rules state that clubs with three or more call-ups are permitted to reschedule league matches. 

The Addicks have received confirmation that Michael Hector (Jamaica), Ashley Maynard-Brewer (Australia) and Terell Thomas (Saint Lucia) have all received call-ups for their respective countries.

The date for the rearranged match will be announced once confirmed.

Any tickets purchased for the game will remain valid for the rearranged fixture.

Comments

• Options
    Means after Fleetwood we won’t have another league fixture until 16th September.
  • Options
    Means after Fleetwood we won’t have another league fixture until 16th September.
    breathing space for the new manager to build his new regime, and for the injury stricken to get out of plaster and bandages
  • Options
    Couldn't make this at first, so sorta happy its been postponed.
  • Options
    Another night game away up North. 
    Not for me
  • Options
    Maybe for once the international break will do us a favour. This will hopefully give the new manager a chance to work with the squad between games. Although I suppose by then we could have sacked him 😂 
  • Options
    It’s a shame because I was looking forward to Leam Richardson’s first game in charge being against his former club.
  • Options
    It’s a shame because I was looking forward to Leam Richardson’s first game in charge being against his former club.
    By half time he would be regretting saving Wykes life
  • Options
    Congrats to Ashley... think that could be his first call up to the Senior team
  • Options
    Camara wasn't one of the players called up. Isn't there the risk that he could be away for AFCON in January?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-duo-receive-international-recognition-4272728

Wigan won't mind, as they had 2 players called up so potentially would have been slightly weakened if the game went ahead. Magennis is one of them
  • Options
    Explain please?
  • Options
    Explain please?
    Charlie Wyke had a cardiac arrest during a trading session at Wigan in November 2021. Richardson gave him CPR until the clubs medical staff took over and defibrillated him. Wyke now has an ICD (implanted defibrillator) in his chest the same as Christian Erickson.
    Wyke has recovered well and is now in a rich vein of form scoring for fun. It would be somewhat very Charlton like if we appointed Richardson as manager and Wyke scored a hat trick against us.
  • Options
    This is not convenient for our league position that night, we could easily be in the bottom four.