Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friedman & Bremer

I've asked on CL before and no one replied. 
Do we have evidence that either of these men are actually part owners of Charlton?

Comments

• Options
    I've asked on CL before and no one replied. 
    Do we have evidence that either of these men are actually part owners of Charlton?
    As far as I know neither has uttered a single word about their ownership. I've heard of silent partners but I'd have thought at least 1 of the "big 3" would have made a comment by now.
  • Options
    No but I think they were understudies in that famous firm of solicitors Dewey, Cheetham & Howe 😉
  • Options
    So five times seven is thirty five percent we know about.
    What about the other sixty five percent?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Read it again 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It's 5%+. So probably much more than 35% between the big names
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    seth plum said:
    Read it again 
    My question is about the mysterious ‘pluses’ and whatever else makes up the sixty five percent.
  • Options
    5% plus could mean five and a half percent for all we know.
    An unexplained sixty five percent leaves a huge space to be filled by accurate and inaccurate speculation.
    Did the seven ‘plus fivers’ hold a board meeting and a vote to sack Dean Holden?
  • Options
    The only ones that will ever know are the EFL. Perhaps we could put in a Subject Action Request (SAR) and find out.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    5% plus could mean five and a half percent for all we know.
    An unexplained sixty five percent leaves a huge space to be filled by accurate and inaccurate speculation.
    Did the seven ‘plus fivers’ hold a board meeting and a vote to sack Dean Holden?
    No.

They're not really part of any footballing decisions. That's down to Scott and a smaller part of Rodwell to deal with.

The owners are all pretty much silent and are letting the gang of four crack on with it, the only part owner that we are probably going to hear from is Methven, and we've already heard too much from him.

Friedman and Brener are part owners, the club would be breaking all kinds of rules to name them if they weren't.

Going to just have to get used to hearing very little about or from them. It's not going to change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I asked Cawley directly if he'd approached either of them for comment on their involvement and got the radio silence treatment.

I also asked @PragueAddick on more info regarding his Methven piece mentioning both of them worked together at another football club?

And got the same treatment!
  • Options
    So if I understand you correctly Scott and Rodwell agreed together to sack Holden (by text?) but did not need to ask the ownership first…but might have told 5+%Methven as a formality as he is local.
    I wonder if Scott and Rodwell texted all the 5+% ‘owners’ about their decision to sack Dean Holden.

• Options
    Who are the four in the Gang of Four making the football decisions?
    Presumably nobody in the Gang of Four has any ownership interests.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    seth plum said:
    Who are the four in the Gang of Four making the football decisions?
    Presumably nobody in the Gang of Four has any ownership interests.
    Methven, Scott, Rodwell and Warrick i guess?
  • Options
    I think we can safely assume that Methven was a decision maker.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Posh Warrick.
    So one of the Gang of Four is a part owner fully involved with the footballing decisions I presume. Or maybe not.
    Perhaps Warrick, Scott and Rodwell asked Methven to leave the room whilst they made the footballing decision to sack Holden.
  • Options

Oh boy. Here we go...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    So if I understand you correctly Scott and Rodwell agreed together to sack Holden (by text?) but did not need to ask the ownership first…but might have told 5+%Methven as a formality as he is local.
    I wonder if Scott and Rodwell texted all the 5+% ‘owners’ about their decision to sack Dean Holden.

Seth, a decision to sack someone doesn't have to, and normally wouldn't, be made by shareholders - it is part of executive duty for those appointed by the owners to run the business. In this case Scott and/or Rodwell would have delegated powers to make such a decision, irrespective of the shit way they apparently communicated that decision. 
  • Options

Silence is Holden

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Airman Brown

From what you've seen so far, does this apparent ownership model match the one in the infamous brochure?

I.e, a hands off approach from the investors who leave it to a UK based team to make all of the footballong decisions?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:

Seth, a decision to sack someone doesn't have to, and normally wouldn't, be made by shareholders - it is part of executive duty for those appointed by the owners to run the business. In this case Scott and/or Rodwell would have delegated powers to make such a decision, irrespective of the shit way they apparently communicated that decision. 
    Yes but the word is that at least one shareholder, Methven, would have been part of, or even the main decision maker in, the move to sack Dean Holden.
  • Options
    What is good about our fan base in my opinion, is that we’re prepared to interrogate the detail in order to identify the devil.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:

Yes but the word is that at least one shareholder, Methven, would have been part of, or even the main decision maker in, the move to sack Dean Holden.
    In his role as part of the SMT. Which is separate to his role as a shareholder. Methven is both a shareholder and an executive. Friedman, Brener, etc are NOT.
  • Options
    The man who rides two horses at once.
  • Options

Is this Methven?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:

However every previous decision to remove a manager at Charlton has been made by the major shareholders IIRC. I can’t think of an exception.

This structure is clearly different, but not I suggest in a good way.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The man who rides two horses at once.
    .....and eventually falls off.
  • Options
    Wasn’t it initially reported as “the family of” Friedman and Bremer? For all we know it could be one of their kids who’s into “soccer” who’s decided to own a bit of an English soccer club.