Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Interesting Punt & a bit of fun

I have just joined a punt that sounds like a bit of fun my mates were in this the last few runs but this is how it works

you put £10 in the pot and every week you pick 1 premiership team to win. If that team loses or draws your out.
you can only pick one team once (so you can’t pick city every week lol)
last person standing wins the pot
the last session finished at the weekend and the winner got £38k not bad for a tenner !

Comments

• Options
    Did this with work a few years ago... Ended up winning the pot, only a couple of quid in that version though rather than the type of sum you mention.

Seem to remember taking the approach of avoiding the big teams for as long as possible
  • Options
    There must be a lot in it as the pot gets big and the guy running it does take a cut but tbf he has a lot to manage keeping everyone aware of what teams are available to them so he earns it
  • Options
    38K?! You and 3,800 mates!
  • Options
    Misread the title and thought we were talking about Methven.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I have just joined a punt that sounds like a bit of fun my mates were in this the last few runs but this is how it works

you put £10 in the pot and every week you pick 1 premiership team to win. If that team loses or draws your out.
    the last session finished at the weekend and the winner got £38k not bad for a tenner !
    Out of interest, who paid the betting duty on that?
  • Options
    OOff_it said:
    AndyG said:

Out of interest, who paid the betting duty on that?
    Don’t tell him Pike he’s a tax inspector 😉
  • Options
    Been doing this for a few years with 15 or so mates. Tenner per game so pot for each game is £150 or so. Usually get through six to ten games a season. Winnings can be split if down to the last three and they all agree. 

I had a terrible record for the first few years but now I regularly come out in front over the season.

It's good fun!
  • Options
    I'm in a Last Man Standing at work - about 50 of us and a fiver a time, so a decent pot.

I'm still in the first one of this season after three games - saying that means I'll be out this weekend!
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Unless i'm misunderstanding, it's not 38k from a tenner, it's £380. I'm confused.