Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oasis

Can't believe that next year is the 30th anniversary of Definitely Maybe. Such a great album for the time although I don't listen to it as much these days as when it came out. Lots of talk recently about if they will reform and I reckon this time it could happen - what do people think: will it?

I am sure there will be lot of fans of them on here and many who saw them live. I saw them at their peak, Knebworth 1996 which was amazing. What about others on here?

There is of of course a Charlton connection with drummer Alan White. He seems to have completely disappeared since leaving the band though so I wonder if he would be part of the lineup if the did reform.

Comments

• Options
    Ive heard they have booked 5 days at Knebworth next year
  • Options
    Die hard fan.

Amazing to think it’s 14 years this week since they broke up and seemingly haven’t spoken.

Liam’s gig at Knebworth last year was absolutely enormous, and by far the closest thing we’ve had to an Oasis type event since the break up. 

Have seen High Flying Birds four times now, and I just don’t think Noel Gallagher has any interest whatsoever in being part of an Oasis act. It’s poles apart.
  • Options
    In true Charlton life fashion I was expecting this to be about the drink

im shocked and disappointed that the following questions haven't been asked

1. what flavour
    2. Drink from the bottle or drink from a glass
  • Options
    I think LG’s touring next year (solo) and performing the entire Definately Maybe album.
  • Options
    In true Charlton life fashion I was expecting this to be about the drink

im shocked and disappointed that the following questions haven't been asked

1. what flavour
    2. Drink from the bottle or drink from a glass
    Used to love the glass bottles as a kid, and the lids used to make a click that was brilliant for making your mate's ear pop.
  • Options
    Can't see it with Oasis.  Reforming that is, not that I didn't like them.

Think Noel can't be arsed with the hassle while he's still filling out gigs with HDB etc (and obviously Liam doing the same).

Loved Oasis, the songs are still good now, but they really caught the mood back in the 90s.
  • Options
    Noel Gallagher got divorced this year and the cost of this might make a reunion more likely!
  • Options
    Think @Oakster2 saw one of their first ever gigs in front of a tiny crowd 
  • Options
    Saw probably one of their last smaller venue concerts. 

It was down in Bournemouth and rescheduled after Guigsy cut his thumb so by the time they played the venue it was about week after the second album was released think was the first playing the new songs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boom said:
    I think LG’s touring next year (solo) and performing the entire Definately Maybe album.
    Isn’t beady eye oasis sans Noel? Might be more likely they tour it. 
  • Options

….and again twice at Earls Court and Wembley 
  • Options
    Saw them at Wembley with kasabian as warm up act amazing night.    If memory serves me right they opened up with rock n roll star and finished with I am the walrus.  
  • Options
    Think @Oakster2 saw one of their first ever gigs in front of a tiny crowd 

I saw them at The Venue in New Cross and the Marquee Club in Charing Cross Road. Venue was probably around 300 people and the Marquee something similar
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Saw them Earls Court and Knebworth. 

Loved Earls Court but Knebworth just didn’t deliver for me (bad car crash on way there, too big and too open venue, nightmare to get a drink, 3 hours to get out car park etc
  • Options
    I first heard Supersonic on the Evening Session and shortly after at the disco that followed an another band’s gig at the Highbury Garage.

I saw them at The Venue too. The only time I have seen them.

Great first two albums. I first played Wonderwall to a work college (who was probably an Essex boy who used to be into 80s chart soul stuff). “What’s this shit… terrible”.
    6 months later, when it was popular I remember him singing loudly to it.

Personally, lost a bit of interest after the second album but nevertheless some fantastic songs. Although, I think Blur kept me interested longer.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

There is of of course a Charlton connection with drummer Alan White. He seems to have completely disappeared since leaving the band though so I wonder if he would be part of the lineup if the did reform.
    I met his brother Steve, of Style Council and Paul Weller fame, and a really lovely fella, a few years ago and we discussed Charlton at length. Apparently Alan still goes to the odd game but Steve is more of a fan. 

Saw them Earls Court and Knebworth. 

Loved Earls Court but Knebworth just didn’t deliver for me (bad car crash on way there, too big and too open venue, nightmare to get a drink, 3 hours to get out car park etc
    So did I! And I concur, Earls Court was just bloody amazing and Knebworth was never going to match it. In fact no gig I have ever been to since has come close. 

One silver lining is that I pop up in the Knebworth film, during the Cigarettes and Alcohol sequence, when they show lots of pints and then me, weighed down by a vat of hair gel, with my head in hands looking rather the worst for wear. Not looking my best but my kids think it’s pretty cool. 
  • Options
    HandG said:

I met his brother Steve, of Style Council and Paul Weller fame, and a really lovely fella, a few years ago and we discussed Charlton at length. Apparently Alan still goes to the odd game but Steve is more of a fan. 

Alan seems to have vanished.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:

He’s on Instagram and I can confirm he is currently in Majorca on holiday with his family. 
  • Options
    Saw them at Wembley with kasabian as warm up act amazing night.    If memory serves me right they opened up with rock n roll star and finished with I am the walrus.  
    I saw that one, think The Enemy and Florence and the Machine were also supporting. When I saw them at Earls Court they were supported by the Verve 
  • Options
    I saw that one, think The Enemy and Florence and the Machine were also supporting. When I saw them at Earls Court they were supported by the Verve 
    Close, it was Reverend and the Makers, the brothers from that band have been great company in the Liberal club when we've played Sheffield Wednesday in the past 
  • Options
    They had peaked by mid '96, anything after that was pish.
  • Options
    2009 was definitely the Enemy, wasn’t it?!
  • Options
    HandG said:
    HandG said:

He’s on Instagram and I can confirm he is currently in Majorca on holiday with his family. 
    I'd be flabbergasted if he rejoined any future Oasis tour. 🤐🤐🤐🤐
  • Options
    Was also at the 2009 Wembley show. First and only time I saw them, aged 21. 

In retrospect it’s one of those gigs I feel so fortunate to have been at. They split up 3 weeks later. 
  • Options
    HandG said:
    HandG said:

Barely seems to have played properly in 20 years though
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Was also at the 2009 Wembley show. First and only time I saw them, aged 21. 

In retrospect it’s one of those gigs I feel so fortunate to have been at. They split up 3 weeks later. 
    Yeah, I was at that one. Kasabian were the support.
  • Options
    Stumbled upon this a few weeks ago. It's a "conspiracy theory" around Morning Glory, but it's not a conspiracy theory, it's instead a theory around the meanings behind the Morning Glory songs. It's quite interesting, and traces in full bits and bobs that I knew about before (the Whiskey gig, Noel fucking off to SF, etc.)