Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod Signs...Diawara deal flounders

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
According to the Idependent

Independent Story

If true, I will be happy with that. I just hope Diawara can get his head around playing for us in the CCC

McLeod Signs

Comments

• Options
    Interesting if it is true, makes me wonder if the striker Pardew was talking about (Cole?) has taken up a better offer and we have switched targets this week. I had thought that Watford were in talks with him.
  • Options
    I understand there is some truth in the McLeod thing, so don't doubt the 2nd bit to be true.
  • Options
    On another site they quote Diawara as saying he will drop his wages demand to help Bordeaux fund the asking price. If we can get £3m for him and get a replacement then it will be a good bit of business - if a little too near kick off.
  • Options
    Lancs lad - it's the "get a replacement" that's gonna be the difficult bit.
  • Options
    Also reported in The Times today that McLeod (there can be only one) has signed
  • Options
    The Diawara saga has been going on for at least a week, as far as we know, so surely any good manager would already have an idea of whose available and how much they will cost, but I agree with you F-Blocker that getting the replacement will be hardest part.