Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chairman

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
A footnote to the Holden sacking announcement within which Rodwell was described as "Chairman".

Checked the OS, as one always should, and he is listed as:

Managing Director: Jim Rodwell (Chairman)

But no mention of Paul Elliot who I thought was Chairman?

NB Pearce is named as interim manager 

https://www.charltonafc.com/staff

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Henry, I had a look back and in this announcement Rodwell was referenced as Chairman with Elliott a non-exec director, with his appointment subject to EFL approval. Had you heard something subsequent to this?

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic
  • Options
    "The Charlton Board, chaired for the 2023/24 season by Rodwell, will comprise the SMT along with two Non-Executive Directors in former Charlton player Paul Elliott and GFP investor Gavin Carter, a lifelong Charlton fan".

Elliott was never mentioned as chairman.
  • Options
    Henry, I had a look back and in this announcement Roswell was referenced as Chairman with Elliott a non-exec director, with his appointment subject to EFL approval. Had you heard something subsequent to this?

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic

The new Charlton SMT will comprise Jim Rodwell as Managing Director and Ed Warrick as Group Finance Director - a Technical Director and a Director of Performance will be announced shortly"

So JR was MD but is also now Chairman.

Seems I was wrong about Elliot's role.

However, this from the takeover statement was interesting 

"We intend to bring that uncertainty to an end through actions rather than words or grand promises. However, we do want to place on record at this point that GFP’s ambition is to build a football club noted for its professionalism, integrity and intense focus on success."

How's that going Charlie?

PS who is the Director of Performance?

• Options
    "The Charlton Board, chaired for the 2023/24 season by Rodwell, will comprise the SMT along with two Non-Executive Directors in former Charlton player Paul Elliott and GFP investor Gavin Carter, a lifelong Charlton fan".

Is it odd that they added the qualification “for the 2023/24 season” to Rodwell’s role?
  • Options
    We need Anna Rampton in pronto. Desperately need a Director of Better.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Is it odd that they added the qualification “for the 2023/24 season” to Rodwell’s role?
    Probably not. Presumably each season the position of "chair" gets rotated so everyone will do it at some point.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Mary Portas
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Very strong. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    se9addick said:

Probably not. Presumably each season the position of "chair" gets rotated so everyone will do it at some point.
    so the "chair" as well as manager/first year coach are annual positions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry, I had a look back and in this announcement Roswell was referenced as Chairman with Elliott a non-exec director, with his appointment subject to EFL approval. Had you heard something subsequent to this?

You're telling us that Jim is an alien ?????
  • Options

You're telling us that Jim is an alien ?????
    Gosh, Fanny you spotted my Freudian slip! Went back and corrected it.
  • Options
    A footnote to the Holden sacking announcement within which Rodwell was described as "Chairman".

Checked the OS, as one always should, and he is listed as:

Managing Director: Jim Rodwell (Chairman)

But no mention of Paul Elliot who I thought was Chairman?

NB Pearce is named as interim manager 

https://www.charltonafc.com/staff
    Generally considered very bad corporate governance to have MD and Chairman as same person. Too much power held by one person. The Chairman's primary role should be holding the MD to account. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    thenewbie said:
    se9addick said:

so the "chair" as well as manager/first year coach are annual positions.
    Apparently so.