Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alfie Mays Long Throw

I'm thinking of changing my username to this.
What do other lifers think?

Comments

• I think it could have been effective..........if we were playing subbuteo !
  • Takes me back to 30 years ago when Leaburn was taking long throws with Webbo coming up from the back to get on the end of them 
  • I'm thinking of changing my username to this.
    How about blackpool72 long dick
  • edited August 2023
  • Sunday league vibes 
  • No problem with him taking long throws. But at least leave a few players back, especially if we are on track for a point away to a good side
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm thinking of changing my username to this.
    How about blackpool72 long dick
    It has to have an Aire of reality about it.
  • Feels like we watched port vale do it last week and thought, let's try that, even though we haven't got anyone who can get it far enough
  • edited August 2023
    Like a few different tactical bits today, it just reeked of desperation to just do something/anything different. 

Not sure if it’s related, but I recall May saying in an interview that he was/is a pretty talented cricketer. 
  • Like I said in the match thread, it's not even long, it might be if everyone was a midget like he is, and playing on a 9 a side pitch, but the third one he took barely made it 10 yards into the box, it was embarrassing.
  • cafctom said:
    Like a few different tactical bits today, it just reeked of desperation to just do something/anything different. 

Not sure if it’s related, but I recall May saying in an interview that he was/is a pretty talented cricketer. 
     Makes me wonder if Holden is under a bit more pressure than we think.
    I think most of us would have taken the draw.

• Did we huddle first?
  • edited August 2023
    I think we should take a leaf out of Ricky Gervais’s party book, and bring back midget throwing instead, you never know, it might work!
  • I mean...the throws weren't even that long, right?

Bizarre
  • Sponsored links:

• Ronnie Schwartz didn't have long throw.
  • cafctom said:

Maybe we can do a swap with Kent for September. May plays in the county championship, while 6'5 Charlton fan Zak Crawley plays for Charlton up front as our target man striker. 
  • NugNug
    edited August 2023
    it was utterly ridiculous 
  • Long throw for their 5 to head away unchallenged
  • Kids football.
  • Croydon said:
    There's just no excuse to have your biggest goal threat that far away from the action from an attacking set piece. He simply cannot be the only person who can throw it relatively long, surely?
    There is an excuse in that whilst he could of course capitalize on lockdowns, generally the long throw is there for the big men to latch onto which he isn't. The issue is whilst it isn't bad, it isn't really that long or accurate enough to be really effective.
  • Croydon said:
    There's just no excuse to have your biggest goal threat that far away from the action from an attacking set piece. He simply cannot be the only person who can throw it relatively long, surely?
    There is an excuse in that whilst he could of course capitalize on lockdowns, generally the long throw is there for the big men to latch onto which he isn't. The issue is whilst it isn't bad, it isn't really that long or accurate enough to be really effective.
    Is this one for the coronavirus thread
  • edited March 26
    “Put your back into it son!”
    Jimmy Seed showing how it’s done.