Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Salary List - Madness

edited August 2023 in General Charlton
salarysport.com/football/league-one/charlton-athletic/

Not sure how true this is and appreciate it needs updating but if that’s the case then it’s a shambles.

1) How is our 2nd most highest paid player always injured and had a record of it before we gave him that deal?

2) 4 out of our top 10 earners are not even starting and most of us want rid

Judging by Charlie’s appearance on Netflix if he saw this he’d say this is a f**ked up business. We really need to manage this a lot better and buy some players who are actually worth paying for. It’s ridiculous this club has been budget managing but can’t seem to get the right players in to sort it out.

Comments

• Options
      That has Stockley, Edun, JRS in the 'active' category :neutral:
    • Options
      Chuck’s favourite song is Money for Nothing by Dire Straits. That’s what he sings when when he gets up and looks at himself in the mirror 
    • Options
      No way Taylor is on 600 a week. 
    • Options
      It is probably very wrong and out-of-date, but gives some sort of indication.
      • Aneke's contract was pure insanity. 
      • Kirk was signed as a next big thing and we paid a LOT.
      • Jaiyesimi was also supposed to be relatively marquee. 
      • I still think Fraser doesn't give enough for being a top earner. 
      • Payne and McGrandles are expensive for bench players. 
      • Loans from Championship/PL clubs are expensive, but usually worth it.
      • Former Championship players are also expensive.
      It has been pretty poorly run for the last couple of years on this front. More duds than not, and then shifting them becomes a problem.
    • Options
      edited August 2023
      Aneke’s contract is the same as what I heard he was on some time ago. However Stockley’s was lower on that list, from what I was told.

Also think this should be 2022.
    • Options
      Well this is obvious bollocks and I'd like to ask admin to close this thread and sink it given the completely ludicrous misinformation it peddles. Stockley; Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi; O'Connell; JFC; and MacGillvray are no longer at the club, for starters.
    • Options
      PaddyP17 said:
      Well this is obvious bollocks and I'd like to ask admin to close this thread and sink it given the completely ludicrous misinformation it peddles. Stockley; Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi; O'Connell; JFC; and MacGillvray are no longer at the club, for starters.
      I agree. How can we believe the figures when 8 of the players are not at the club!
    • Sponsored links:

• Options
      McGrandles at £4.4k a week, ffs!! I will have some of that all day long, and my Mrs.
    • Options
      McGrandles at £4.4k a week, ffs!
      If that's remotely true... Well fuck knows.
    • Options
      Don’t believe a word of it.
    • Options
      The numbers for our players is roughly right, as in they are in the right ball parks.  The players we have just signed are showing their previous clubs contracts. 
    • Options
      I'd suggest that if any of it was remotely true someone is in big trouble for sharing it as it breaks GDPR legislation
    • Options
      Mcgrandles was free, so prob right
    • Options
      These lists are just guesses. Did find it funny that Asiimwe is starting regularly in league 1 and is on less than minimum wage according to this😂
    • Options
      NabySarr said:
      These lists are just guesses. Did find it funny that Asiimwe is starting regularly in league 1 and is on less than minimum wage according to this😂
      That's his scholarship wage.  He has signed a new contract relatively recently.  
    • Options
      We've got rid of 28k of weekly wages from that list and the players 21 and under at the start of this season 

We'll be NOWHERE NEAR FFP

• Options
      supaclive said:
      We've got rid of 28k of weekly wages from that list and the players 21 and under at the start of this season 

We don't actually know this, because these numbers have essentially been pulled out of someone's arsehole
    • Sponsored links:

• Options
      sam3110 said:
      supaclive said:

We don't actually know this, because these numbers have essentially been pulled out of someone's arsehole
      I think we can all imagine and probably correctly that

Stockley, McGillivary, JFC etc etc etc - 14 playersgone since January were on more money collectively than what we have brought in.

• Options
      Wouldn’t give that a second consideration. Pure click bait 
    • Options
      Don’t say that, just brought my Mrs a new pair of boots and shin pads!!
    • Options
      good lord 
    • Options
      SalarySport is a joke website in the sports industry. Like Henners rightly says if there was any truth in it at all someone is in major breach of GDPR and then some.

But there is no truth in it.

Its finger in the air bollocks 
    • Options
      Is Ian Wright on there then? The answer will shock you!
    • Options
      The people that believe crap like this are the sort of people that believe we have signed a player because somebody has edited their Wikipedia page.
    • Options
      Salarysport and transfermkrt are two websites that when I’m on them I can actually feel my brain cells dying 
    • Options
      Payne on 5k a week 😂 I’ve never seen a bigger load of bollocks.
    • Options
      Salarysport and transfermkrt are two websites that when I’m on them I can actually feel my brain cells dying 
      Transfermarkt is surprisingly good for things like squad number history; who is/was at what club and when; their career statistics; and... that's about it. They're not really useful for transfers at all, in a huge upset for nominative determinism.