Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 1-2 Bristol Rovers

thanks to the 93 Lifers who gave marks, would the very few who instead of giving marks give abusive comments please desist
the ineligibles averages were:
Hector:5.75
Taylor: 5.66
Thomas: 5.47

Comments

• Options
    Who’s Charlie May?
  • Options
    Didn't Anderson hit the crossbar with a corner kick?
  • Options
    Who’s Charlie May?
    thanks and corrected
  • Options
    Perhaps Dobson really is better than Casemiro?
  • Options
    Perhaps Dobson really is better than Casemiro?
    he certainly has a lot more pace .. he's a real example that there ARE very talented players out there who for whatever reason have yet to be 'discovered' .. let's unearth a few more before 31/8
  • Options
    Who’s Charlie May?
    mixed him up with another Charlie !
  • Options
    Jack Payne not popular on here, 4.21? jeez
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    He wasn't very good, but he really wasn't that bad either. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    a sacrificial scapegoat is always needed in the CL religion
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I normally defend him, but everything he did seemed to horribly wrong on Saturday, particularly around the time he gave away the free kick for the first goal. I’d now agree that he should be nowhere near the starting lineup if we’re serious about promotion. Sorry Jack :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I normally defend him, but everything he did seemed to horribly wrong on Saturday, particularly around the time he gave away the free kick for the first goal. I’d now agree that he should be nowhere near the starting lineup if we’re serious about promotion. Sorry Jack :-(
    He tried hard Tuesday but he's all at sea wide right, worse than that he just ain't big enough, fast enough or strong enough to deliver much of his apparent skill in 3rd division football.
    Not his fault but he's simply brushed aside and can't keep up when inevitably chasing back to attempt to retrieve the ball.
    He's in the team ahead of Kirk cos he genuinely tries but he is essentially a boy in a man's game.
  • Options
    Without wishing to give @lancashire lad anymore to do given his already excellent efforts, do we need to consider an additional category? Man of the match after George Dobson? 
  • Options
    Weegie - you hard task master/mistress (?), my thoughts did wander in that direction
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:
    He was dreadful. not only contributed very little, gave away a totally needless free kick for their first goal. 
  • Options
    Would normally leap to defend a player, but Payne actually was that bad, after a bright opening ten minutes (although even then, given a clear opening he managed to not get a shot away and then had his cross cut out)
  • Options
    I defended Payne after the Peterborough game because I thought he was one of our better players on the day and I dislike the way some players get hammered no matter what their performance has been like. But he was indeed crap against Bristol Rovers. Whichever way you look at it, nowhere near good enough or consistent enough for our starting eleven.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I'll pile on as well. He continuosly lost the ball when he could easily have just released it earlier. 4.2 is 1.2 more than I'd have given him.