Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Bristol Rovers : Tuesday 15th August 2023 KO 19:45

First midweek league match, 🤞 it proves a good one...

Here we go....

Tayo Edun will make his full league debut  in tonight’s clash with Bristol Rovers.

Edun replaces Terell Thomas as Dean Holden makes one change to the side that played Peterborough United at the weekend.

We are expected to line-up in the same 4-3-3 formation deployed at Peterborough with Edun joining Nathan Asiimwe, Lloyd Jones and Lucas Ness in a back four in front of Ashley Maynard-Brewer.

Skipper George Dobson will play alongside academy starlet Karoy Anderson and Panutche Camará in a three-man midfield with Jack Payne and Corey Blackett-Taylor flanking Alfie May up front.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Asiimwe, Jones, Ness, Edun; Dobson (c), Anderson, Camará; Payne, May, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Isted, Hector, Thomas, Taylor, McGrandles, Kirk, Kanu

Comments

• Options
    0-2
  • Options
    Feeling reasonably ok about tonight...mind you I am always a glass half full...but feel we will nick this one maybe 2-1🤞🍻
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    0-2
    We are at home mate...😉
  • Options
    2-1 win. May off the mark
  • Options
    3 at the back again unless i'm mistaken 
  • Options
    Yes, be good for Alfie to get off the mark but find it hard to think we’ll be able to score more than one.

Let’s hope tonight is a pleasant surprise 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Taylor back on the bench for Mitchell is the returning player Holden mentioned on Saturday 
  • Options
    That team is as good as it can get, I'd say. 

Shame we have weakened our RB position this season so far. No cover on the bench and 2/3rd choice are kids, as well as 1st choice. Where's Adam Matthews, he usually likes to join us around now. 

Really like Asiimwe, but it puts a lot of pressure on you when you are the only RB at the club, rather than competing with senior pros!
  • Options
    Assimwe and Edun playing as full backs in a 4 according to the OS. More likely that its a bit of both, depending on game management.
  • Options
    Very weak bench. Nothing to come on & change the game if we are losing.
  • Options
    Who are the 3 CBs? There’s only 2 in that 11
  • Options
    Must've missed something, what's up with Fraser?
  • Options
    Darenth said:
    Must've missed something, what's up with Fraser?
     doesn't like playing on a Tuesday. 
  • Options
    3-0 COYR

May to break his duck 
  • Options
    Deary me, thank bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor back on the bench for Mitchell is the returning player Holden mentioned on Saturday 
    Thanks... Hadn't seen that one glancing at it earlier 
  • Options
    First time I’ve bought a match on Charlton tv for ages and it’s not working for me just a flashing circle on my fancy Samsung tv, help 🙈
  • Options
    Is there no longer a Charlton tv match preview programme ?
  • Options
    Ugh, bloody Marquis up front for them so you just know he's going to score...

So we'll have to score more. 2-1 says my heart, 1-1 says my head.
  • Options
    Cramma Hoole that sounds like something familiar.
  • Options
    Don't know if McGrandles is any good or not (probably not), but Anderson certainly isn't ready.
  • Options
    Back line looks leaky and midfield 3 lacking creativity. Needs those injured lads back. Happy with a draw.
  • Options
    Very weak bench. Nothing to come on & change the game if we are losing.

Kirk? McGrandles??

As you were..
  • Options
    May goal in front of the Covered End would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!