Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Peterborough 1-0 Charlton

many thanks to the 46 Lifers who gave marks
I have included an injury table, this is very much a guesstimate and as usual I happy to be corrected.

Comments

• Options
    The ref on Tuesday was deservedly ahead of the players. The ref yesterday was deservedly below them...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Funny because I feel like I’m one of Payne’s biggest defenders on here but yesterday I thought he was naff - couple of attacks broke down when he ran down a blind alley when he could’ve passed it and then second half, taking that free kick off Alfie May & skying it didn’t impress me. 

Probably not the worst player on the pitch though.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    That's harsh that Jack Payne got the lowest average . There were worse players than him yesterday. I thought he had a really good second half. It looks like he's our new player to slag off regardless of how he plays. It's what we do. 
    Totally agree. Someone gave him a score of 3. Would love to see the evidence for such a low score. Having said that 5.60 isn’t a shocker of a score, and no one had a terrible game. 
    Perhaps it should be like in the Olympics when they score gymnastics. The highest and lowest scores are removed, I think to stop manipulation of the results.
    I sometimes think Dobbo is scored too highly, but  he’s deserved his two MotMs so far, for sure.
  • Options
    Funny because I feel like I’m one of Payne’s biggest defenders on here but yesterday I thought he was naff - couple of attacks broke down when he ran down a blind alley when he could’ve passed it and then second half, taking that free kick off Alfie May & skying it didn’t impress me. 

Probably not the worst player on the pitch though.
    He's like a worse Johnny Williams, but is a bit more reliable in front of goal. 
  • Options
    Bit surprised Camara ended up so high in the rankings. His mistake effectively cost us the game. 

Also think the ref has been harshly scored. Few decisions but nothing crucial. There again we lost so many people immediately mark the ref down. I wonder what the average is when we win compared to when we lose! 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    redman said:
    Bit surprised Camara ended up so high in the rankings. His mistake effectively cost us the game. 

Also think the ref has been harshly scored. Few decisions but nothing crucial. There again we lost so many people immediately mark the ref down. I wonder what the average is when we win compared to when we lose! 
    In fairness to him, that was a single mistake (a horrendous touch) in an otherwise relatively decent game. He had at least 4 players in behind him and he tried to get back to defend too as he should have - we should have been able to deal with it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I wonder if you or others would have judged the same way had Albie Morgan done exactly the same. (I'm not saying Camara isn't a better long term upgrade on Morgan btw)
  • Options
    redman said:
    I wonder if you or others would have judged the same way had Albie Morgan done exactly the same. (I'm not saying Camara isn't a better long term upgrade on Morgan btw)
     I'd have defended Morgan in the same way. (I often defended him for minor mistakes when the whole team failed to do something)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

The ref lost control of the game, and seemed very card happy. The ref on Tuesday was very good and got a good score, despite us losing badly.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Or Inniss, who got slaughtered for that cock up on the touchline which led to a goal.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    redman said:

It was Camara's lack of control agreed, but I thought it was a well taken goal, something we would have probably cocked up if it was the other way round...
  • Options
    My opinion, Camara’s first touch mistake should not have led to a goal. Unfortunately Thomas had gone walk about from left CB position over to rhs. 
    So for me Thomas was primarily at fault for the goal.
    Having said that I’ve noticed Camara will sometimes lose possession- happens with young/inexperienced players.
    Anderson has done same, it’s part of the learning process’s and why the youngsters should be gradually dipped in/out of first team games.