Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kimm Connett RIP

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/kimm-connett-19582023-2795908.html

1970s reserve team player Kimm has died aged 65

I got to know him as our sons played in the same youth team and went to the same secondary school.

A lovely guy who went on to have a very good career at Dulwich Hamlet.

RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP. Always an Addick!
  • Options
    RIP Addick 
  • Options
    Rip.

I remember seeing him play in the old Midweek League.
  • Options
    Remember him and I suppose the only surprise was that he never got an opportunity in the first team although the squads were so much small and it wasn't as if you could give a youngster minutes from the bench given that there was only the one sub. 

RIP Kimm
  • Options
    Woolwich Poly schoolboy I think, had an incredible goal scoring record in and around the secondary school level. I was asked to mark him once, anything in the air was his, then he started finishing them with his feet. I don't remember the final score but I know he got eight. RIP Kimm another one gone too early. 
  • Options
    Oh no, this is such awful news, Kimm only had his 65th birthday a short time ago.

I knew Kimm when we were teenagers and my Dad and his family were involved with Dulwich Hamlet. We had some wonderful holidays with our families at Littlestone. 

My sincere condolences to Kimm's friends and family.

• Options
    David Campbell of Roan?
  • Options
    David Campbell of Roan?
    Yes.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Kimm 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Rest Easy Kimm
  • Options
    Kimm's first match was as a sub in a South East Counties League (SECL) match in April 1975. These were youth team games. He would have been 17.

He made 14 appearances for the Mid-Week Leage (MWL) team, the reserves, in 1975/6, scoring 2 goals. Kimm also made 13 appearances for the SECL team (6 goals), 2 FA Youth Cup games (1 goal), 1 Southern Junior Floodlit Cup (SJFC) match & 1 SECLC appearance.

In 1976/7 he made 9 MWL appearances + 2 subs. His last match was on 28/4/77 v Gillingham in the LMW League Cup.

Thanks to Paul Baker from the museum for the stats.
  • Options
    A friend of mine met him a few months ago, sent me a photo asking if I remembered him. I remembered the name but that's it and that may have been from Dulwich Hamlet as I used to watch them fairly often at that time. He was very surprised when I told him this news.

RIP Kimm
  • Options
    RIP Kimm
    I remember the name and that team photo very well.
    Arry Boy, Graham Tutt, Bob Curtis and Charlie Hall will welcome him to the Valley in the sky.
  • Options
    Remember him well. RIP
  • Options
    RIP